Thompson Center Pro Hunter Pistol to Rifle

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Thompson Center Pro Hunter Pistol to Rifle

Postby BW460 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:22 pm

I'm thinking about buying a Thompson Center Pro Hunter Pistol. I've done all the research on converting a pistol to rifle and back to pistol. ATF says it is OK as long as you start with a pistol and don't configure a SBR. So my question is, does anyone know for fact if I can buy a Pro Hunter stock, forearm, and rifle barrel and put them on the pistol frame? Do they fit? I'm trying to save some money and effectively get both a pistol and a rifle with one "firearm" purchase. I am assuming the frame is actually identical between the pistol and the rifle but don't know that for sure.

thanks,
BW460

Re: Thompson Center Pro Hunter Pistol to Rifle

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:05 am

Frames are identical so the buttstock will fit with no issues.

Forearm, I'd tell your barrel maker to make the forearm screw spacing for a rifle. Personally, I'd have the dovetail locks TC uses on their shotgun barrels, MGM will do this, or go with Steve Stratton's hanger bar system. I've seen more than a few barrels where the forearm screws have bent or pulled out from recoil.
Al in Mi

Re: Thompson Center Pro Hunter Pistol to Rifle

Postby BW460 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you for the response. The rifle barrel will be in 460 S&W magnum. I will get a rifle forearm for that. I'm not sure on the pistol yet. Maybe a 357 Maximum or possibly 300 blackout.
BW460

Return to Firearms