Bought an AK today.....

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Bought an AK today.....

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Well, finally broke down and bought an AK today. It's not replacing any of my AR stuff but just to compliment it. got home and started to go through the gun as I usually do a new firearm and got me really thinking about the .450 in this platform. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert one of the .410 saiga version. I would love to have this cartridge in both. On an AK side note I cant believe all the things that needed to be taken into consideration and checked while purchasing an AK. My AR's were fairly easy as most of the manufacturers and vendors quality is fairly well known. Also picked up a Beta C-mag w/kit brand new for $200 out the door so I feel like today was almost like X-mas.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Re: Bought an AK today.....

Postby wildcatter » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 pm

2zero6 wrote:Well, finally broke down and bought an AK today. It's not replacing any of my AR stuff but just to compliment it. got home and started to go through the gun as I usually do a new firearm and got me really thinking about the .450 in this platform. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert one of the .410 saiga version. I would love to have this cartridge in both. On an AK side note I cant believe all the things that needed to be taken into consideration and checked while purchasing an AK. My AR's were fairly easy as most of the manufacturers and vendors quality is fairly well known. Also picked up a Beta C-mag w/kit brand new for $200 out the door so I feel like today was almost like X-mas.

Hey 206, it'd be entirely possible to convert an AK to 450b. I have 30rd AK mags that were made for the .223 and assuming the receiver could take the pounding from the 450, then bingo. I have a SKS that I started on but as yet have finished it and the AK conversion is on my to-do list..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Firearms