Rock River LAR-8

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Rock River LAR-8

Postby lwrkeysfisher » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm

I just picked up my new LAR-8 mid-length today. I know someone is making a .450 Marlin upper for the AR-10 (Armalite), but was wondering what you guys think as far a big bore for this bad boy, are any wildcats in the works? I'll post up some pics when I take it to the range Monday, well now off to get a Christmas Tree.
lwrkeysfisher

Re: Rock River LAR-8

Postby wildcatter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:07 pm

lwrkeysfisher wrote:I just picked up my new LAR-8 mid-length today. I know someone is making a .450 Marlin upper for the AR-10 (Armalite), but was wondering what you guys think as far a big bore for this bad boy, are any wildcats in the works? I'll post up some pics when I take it to the range Monday, well now off to get a Christmas Tree.

Yup, built some and they are somewhat problematic (the belt you see), mostly in the magazine & feeding cycle, but with allot of work, I was in fact able to make them run "pretty good". I offer it as a custom, but the one I like and will soon introduce as a custom production, instead of custom only, is the 284 blown out. No feeding problems at all and if you want 458's only, I can accommodate that too and there wont be any of this "Pretty Good" stuff either, just plane old reliability at its best..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Firearms