Shot Show News

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Shot Show News

Postby gunnut » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 am

I'm agona get a van and pic him up at the airtport, anyof yall betwien point A and B thats awantin to go, give us a heads up soins we can pic yas up!
gunnut

Postby thebrassnuckles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 am

Is it just me, or does the bullet, look like a 45ACP because of the reflection on what its sitting on?
thebrassnuckles

Postby gunnut » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:22 pm

I thought the same thing. But, It is a boat tail and what looks like a rim is a shadow or reflection. Hopefully WC will get us some better pic's soon.
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm

gunnut wrote:I thought the same thing. But, It is a boat tail and what looks like a rim is a shadow or reflection. Hopefully WC will get us some better pic's soon.

Sure thing.. I'm back home now, put almost 5500 miles on a rental car. This will be my first post, after getting back and before I go to bed.

But first, I have to apologize to the DU-Man, cause I went through his AO and he wanted me to stop, but it was just so late, I couldn't bring myself to pressure him to come out and play, besides we were on a forced march, having burned up all our time and needed to get back to Vegas by Monday morning, the 18th and we were going through Baton Rouge, but we made it. How bout that DU, we were in your AO about midnight on Saturday and made it to Vegas on Sunday night late, was that cooking or what? But we had a great time, talked to a bunch of our guys, got a ton of work done at SHOT, things you'll want to know about and as soon as I can shake off the cruise I'll make a full report.

The Bullet; the picture was taken from my wife's cell phone and through a glass case, so the visuals aren't going to be so great, and the reflection is problematic, as you can see, but I will soon have really good pics, using the "Pitted-Bore Skrool of Pre-phizon-Al Picture-Take'n" (How am I do'en Doc?), if they turn out half as good as his..

The bullet looks as long or longer (complete data coming soon to a board near you) than our 250. What they are calling a boat-tail, is nothing more than a fairly large radius. Myself, I'd say it was short on boat-tail, although it will give a slight boost to the BC, and long on wonderful load-ability into the case and wont take up nearly as much powder space as a really efficient boat-tail would.. In other words, that radius/boat-tail, is going to be great for starting into the case, during the bullet seating process..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm

:) no prollum... but just so you make sure to stop next time :? i had a smoked deer sausage & chicken gumbo & a crawfish pie waitin' for ya Image Image cooked by my own little hands Image
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:06 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::) no prollum... but just so you make sure to stop next time :? i had a smoked deer sausage & chicken gumbo & a crawfish pie waitin' for ya [ http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink061.gif ] [ http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink022.gif ] cooked by my own little hands [ http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink026.gif ]

Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:39 am

MudBug wrote:Anything you want to discuss about SHOT.

To start I have a couple pics that wildcatter just sent me.

Remington 18" 450 Bushmaster. This is huge because if Remington is putting their name on it that means they are making lots of them.

[ http://i46.tinypic.com/21nejv4.jpg ]

More Remington Ammo on the way.
The 260 grn Accutip

[ http://i47.tinypic.com/1z3ymf7.jpg ]

And wildcatter says that he has talked to several distributors that have the Remington Corelokts in stock. Sorry I forgot the names of the companies. I found out when he calls back

Now after the third query, I thought there'd be others needing the answer to the question at hand, so here goes. Yup, this hansom, debonair, dashing, suave, intelligent, and dumpy nose picker of a guy, is in fact, the one and only, Wildcatter..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Dang... A dead ringer for Robert Redford! Sorry my eyes were drawn to the rifle.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 pm

2zero6 wrote:Dang... A dead ringer for Robert Redford! Sorry my eyes were drawn to the rifle.

But it ain't no Hawkins!! :o
Al in Mi

Previous

Return to Firearms