Shot Show News

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Shot Show News

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:08 am

As I arise to trickity-trot over to the shot, I am reminded of a conversation I had with a wheel in the remy booth. I had asked him why no core-loc ammo, after advertiseing them for the last six months or so, he then grabbed a honcho from ACCU-SPORT, that's the biggie of all distributors, who just happened to also be in the booth, and asked him if he had received any of the core-loc 450's, to which he answered that he did, but was "Out" at the moment and was asking for a fast re-supply... Just a kittle clarification here..

Now, GunNut wants to know if the brass is small or large primer size and another question, I forget just now (call or txt me john and remind me). The mudder wants a particular range finder (txt me with that data, better for me as I then have your memo on me, and try I'll see if I can pick one up for ya on the cheap) if you guys have other questions, gunnut and the mudder have my cell phone number and I will get the answers and the 450 stuff isn't the only thing you have to confine the questions too, if you need something answered, now's the time and the biggies are all too eager to chat me up, big time, for some reason they all think I have good Ju-Ju Beans, go figure..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:05 pm

W.C wanted to point out that the new remington rifle is an 18" barrel which fills the gap of the bushmaster 16" & 20" barrels. also, I didn't get the name right (Dellco) holsters make a chest holster for the 50cal S & W and it holds 5 extra rounds. They have agreed to make 10 proto types for a 450B wheel gun. I'll try to find a pic.
gunnut

Postby rugger16 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Is Remington going to offer larger magazines with capacity over 5 rounds, or are they using the same magazines and followers that Bushmaster is using?
rugger16

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm

hey catter, seeing big green is jumping in and if you get a chance, swing by the Barnes booth and tug their ear on a 450b specific bullet!!!
Al in Mi

Postby gunnut » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:33 pm

he was just @ barnes and said their 450 casual bullet really had the 450B in mind and they could put the groove anywhere we wanted.
gunnut

Postby Siringo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Wildwatter -- I coudn't tell by the photos, but does the Rem have a break? I like the idea of 18 inch and no break or if it does, screw on a thread protector.

Barnes -- I would like to see a plastic tip instead of an open point. Open points plug up.

BTW -- I will post this elsewhere, but I tried the resized 45-70 250 gr bullets last weekend. Forgot my Chrony, so I have to reshoot. Worked fine, accuracy OK. I have pics that I will post next weekend.
Siringo

Postby gunnut » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Breaking News! The Remington Ammo is LARGE Rifle primers!
gunnut

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 pm

gunnut wrote:Breaking News! The Remington Ammo is LARGE Rifle primers!

:D That's what i was hopin' to hear! :D
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote:
gunnut wrote:Breaking News! The Remington Ammo is LARGE Rifle primers!

:D That's what i was hopin' to hear! :D

:shock: ...all the other stuff was good to hear too! 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Siringo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Wildcatter -- did Remington retain the Bushmaster bolt for the 450 or did they apply the new bolt size as used with the 30 RAR.The base of the 30 RAR is larger in diameter that the 450.
Siringo

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms