Shot Show News

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Shot Show News

Postby Siringo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 pm

MudBug wrote:Yes that is Wildcatter in the pic.

Remington does have two loads, the core-lokt load and the new accutip load. The core-lokt loads are hitting stores now (at least distributors he has talked to at SHOT said they have started receiving them.) Sorry, I forgot the name of the companies.

As far as this new accutip bullet goes it looks like the design started life as a saboted slug bullet. Wildcatter says it looks like it will whistle.

[ http://www.versuscountry.com/images/assets/I81e2706d-d35a-4269-b241-2644b28f4f74.jpg ]

Remington® Introduces the Premier® AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug

Remington is excited to introduce the Premier AccuTip Bonded Sabot Slug. As the name implies, the Premier AccuTip is the most accurate sabot slug available. The secret behind the superior accuracy of the Premier AccuTip lies within the design of its patent-pending Power Port™ Tip. Composed of a high strength polycarbonate, this unique tip controls aerodynamic properties, balancing the slug and enhancing accuracy. Laboratory tests have proven the Premier AccuTip to be twice as accurate as the next best competitor!

The extreme performance of the Premier AccuTip doesn’t stop with accuracy. Precision spiral nose cuts combined with the bonded brass-jacket construction of the large, 58 caliber, 385-grain bullet provides superior controlled-expansion characteristics. The Premier AccuTip consistently expands to near 1 inch diameter at all ranges from 5 to 200 yards with over 95% weight retention for tremendous energy transfer and penetration.

A close examination of the big game record books quickly reveals one strikingly consistent fact; the overwhelming majority of trophy book whitetails are found in slug-only states. Why stake your hunt on inferior shotgun slugs? When the buck of a lifetime steps out at 150 yards, go ahead and squeeze the trigger! Remington Premier AccuTip Bonded Shotgun Slugs provide big-game hunters with the perfect combination of superior accuracy and controlled expansion with devastating on game performance.

Sounds like a whistle? INCOMING!
Siringo

Postby slash2 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:42 pm

It looks like the step on the side of the bullet is maybe meant to aid in the crimping? Give the case something to grab on to, or is that a saboted slug feature?
/2
slash2

Postby Siringo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Looks like same bullet used in the 20 gauge slug ammo. That is listed at 260 grs. Would be great to have a little groove the taper crimp into.
Siringo

Postby gunnut » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Just got a call from W.C. Core bon wants in on the 450B ammo market. But, may have trouble getting the brass from Hornady and Starline said they don't have enough production time for to make the 450 brass. It's up to us to put the pressure on star line, like call them once a week and ask them when. Maybe they need to drop production on another and pick up the 450.
Hornady wants to start producing 2 more loads, A 230gn. FMJ high speed and a 325gn. dangerous game.
W.C. pointed out to all of them that a lot of what they are thinking is ALREADY being done by members of this site.
We should have some new and very interested reader.
gunnut

Postby gunnut » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:35 pm

OH, by the way. Whistle is how you stop a Dear. Whistle and he will stop and look up to see what it is. If the bullet whistles he will stop and wait for it! ;)
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am

Ok guys, this is really great news for us, the options we will have in the future are off the Richter Scale. I asked Hornady to get us some load data on the 230 & 185 grainers, both high speed loads and a plinker load, that will still cycle the action. Cool beans for us, we may very well get a 230 high speed and with their cheap bullet with the savings passed on to us. I was asked what I wanted. Keep in mind that things we want sometimes do not fit the production or sales profile, so, with that in mind and if an effort to get us way more circulation, I told them of the work we all are doing with the swaging and if they want to do something quick and flashy, to take their 325gr/458 and swag them to 452 and give us a premium loading in their Dangerous Game line. This is something they could do tonight. I also suggested they make bullets and data available to the Techie's on 450bushmaster.net and see what we will do with them. After I got done with my presentation they were all smiles, shaking their heads, saying..."this is why we love talking to you, you always give us the things others never think about". To which I again informed him of the forward thinking, thinkers on this board and the need for them to support the work here. They were worried about all the negative crud that can be found on the other boards, and one in particular, but I informed them that this was a board of respectful gentlemen, who don't cuss, don't fight and totally respect one an-others views and are totally helpful to the newbies and want it this way, in order to get the advancements we desire, without being side-tracked by the vileness, that is so prevalent on the other boards. This was the very thing they wanted to hear and promised to keep an eye on us.. Good job guys, I told you and I tell you again, you are doing a great work and your attitudes are diffidently making a difference..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 am

PS..just for fun. It was the Bushmiester that guessed the big Remmy announcement, he PM'ed me and I asked him to keep it under his hat..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:05 am

was there any mention of a price point for the new rifle?
bushmeister

Postby dcbeattie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 am

wildcatter wrote:PS..just for fun. It was the Bushmiester that guessed the big Remmy announcement, he PM'ed me and I asked him to keep it under his hat..

I was looking around the net this last weekend for Remington ammo.. A couple of dealers had the 450 rifle listed.. just thought it was cool that they were making a 450bm.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/60926
http://gunsrus.net/item.asp?item=047700601021
There were a couple of places that had magazines (in camo) for the remington version.
Most prices on the rifle were in the $1200 plus some range.
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Postby thebrassnuckles » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:03 am

i saw o the MGI website lasdt night that they have a barrel and bolt for the 450b to use in their QCB uppers.

man i want one of them...
thebrassnuckles

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms