Lower Sale

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Lower Sale

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks Ghost Dog and Colohunter.

The Brownell's link clarified the buffer parts question right up, and on rechecking the DPMS lower parts kit on Brownells I do see the buffer retainer and spring listed. I have priced out the five individual parts at Midway and I came up just short of $38 - all the parts are DPMS except a UTG buffer tube for $17, which is at the very low end of the price range. The reviews on it are uniformly favorable, but there are only two of them. The DPMS kit at Brownells with the DPMS buffer tube is $99, which implies the buffer tube is over $60. On Brownells, DS Arms has one for $25, but the notes indicate some finishing might be needed to get the best fit; VLTor and Double Star are between that and the most expensive, which is High Standard at $55. I don't want to cheap-shot this build, since it will be for my 450. Is the UTG a good deal or too good to be true and should I be looking for a higher priced spread (and which brand)?

Joe Bob's kit looks good, but it has several components trigger group, hand grip) I plan to replace with personal preference items and it is pretty pricey. (OK, you get what you pay for.) The DPMS kit at Brownells does not include the trigger group (but does include the springs, for some reason) or the hand grip, so it is a better fit (and at $36).

Many, many thanks for taking the time to reply. Please feel free to let me know any other info you think might be of use, including your personal preferences on manufacturers.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Colohunter » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I can't speak on the UTG parts or some of the buffer assemblies as I haven't used them. For the lower parts, it isn't a bad idea to have some spares of the springs and small parts. So I wouldn't worry about having extra springs. Once I went through the Colt M16 Armorer's class for work I went out and bought a bunch of springs and small parts to keep on hand for my rifles.
Colohunter

Postby Ghost Dog » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:50 pm

I was just cruzing around and found another low cost lower $59.99 :

http://www.marksarmory.com/Surplus_Arms_Ammo_Stripped_Lower_p/saa.htm
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Colohunter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:09 am

That's not a bad price, it's worth checking into the brand.
Colohunter

Postby Colohunter » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 am

A quick internet search indicated that these are most likely made by Aero Precision under the Surplus Ammo and Arms name. At that price, it wouldn't be a bad idea to order at least one more than you think you will need.
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 am

Cheaper than Dirt sells a Daniel Defense lower parts kit for about $82.00 and it has a decent trigger and hammer. I got one in one of my lowers and after I polished out the trigger and hammer and put the JP yellow spring kit in, I have about a 3.5Lb trigger pull. Got the spring kit thru Brownells for $9.99.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Ghost Dog » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Palmetto has their lowers on sale again $49.95.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php

Remeber it's better to give than receive, pm me for my address. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MERRY CHRISTMAS to every one!!!!
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:12 pm

I just did a lower build (see http://www.450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47&p=27133&hilit=tactical+innovations+lower#p271330) using a tactical innovations stripped T15 lower. At $99, it is at the upper range in price. I am very satisfied with their product . A description is at the tactical innovations website at http://www.tacticalinc.com/t15™-forged-precision-machined-ar15-lower-receiver-p-1080.html. It is a very tight fit, all the other components matched up, and it is shooting fine.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Previous

Return to Firearms