Lower Sale

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Lower Sale

Postby Ghost Dog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 pm

If your looking for a cheap build, Palmetto State has a sale on their stripped lower receiver.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/1560.php

With that and a little more bargain hunting you could build a complete lower well under $200.00.
Never pet a burning dog!
Ghost Dog

Re: Lower Sale

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:27 am

That's a very good deal. But why don't they want any phone orders? That's kind of weird.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:That's a very good deal. But why don't they want any phone orders? That's kind of weird.

Even though that's a very affordable price, I'd wait for it to develop some street cred before plopping down my hard-earned cash for one. Never be a serial number one on a new product.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 am

Yeah, Hoot.... I have no desire to be a guinea pig. But I might be interested later cuz I want to build a .22LR version AR and this might be an acceptable beginning.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dale » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:50 pm

The palmetto lowers (with the pictogram bullets instead of safe and fire written out) are from aero precision. I've built a bunch of aero precision lowers, all were excellent, went together flawlessly. They are cheap because they come off a mega-dollar high volume machine normally used for aerospace parts. Someone talked them into doing ar stuff a few years back. They're in Tacoma, WA. Check their feedback. they also do .308 ar10 receivers, and a monolithic rail receiver. Goodtogo 8-)

I've ordered lower build kits from Palmetto, and lots of magpul stuff, good prices, service. They seem pretty busy, that must be the no phone deal.
dale

Postby Hoot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 am

dale wrote:The palmetto lowers (with the pictogram bullets instead of safe and fire written out) are from aero precision. I've built a bunch of aero precision lowers, all were excellent, went together flawlessly. They are cheap because they come off a mega-dollar high volume machine normally used for aerospace parts. Someone talked them into doing ar stuff a few years back. They're in Tacoma, WA. Check their feedback. they also do .308 ar10 receivers, and a monolithic rail receiver. Goodtogo 8-)

I've ordered lower build kits from Palmetto, and lots of magpul stuff, good prices, service. They seem pretty busy, that must be the no phone deal.

Thanks for clearing that up Dale. On their web page, they made it sound like they made them on some newly acquired equipment, not Aero Precision, who do have plenty of street cred. That might help me "find my wallet".

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 am

Hoot wrote:
dale wrote:The palmetto lowers (with the pictogram bullets instead of safe and fire written out) are from aero precision. I've built a bunch of aero precision lowers, all were excellent, went together flawlessly. They are cheap because they come off a mega-dollar high volume machine normally used for aerospace parts. Someone talked them into doing ar stuff a few years back. They're in Tacoma, WA. Check their feedback. they also do .308 ar10 receivers, and a monolithic rail receiver. Goodtogo 8-)

Thanks for clearing that up Dale. On their web page, they made it sound like they made them on some newly acquired equipment, not Aero Precision, who do have plenty of street cred. That might help me "find my wallet".

Hoot

Me too....
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Clipity » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Ehh... there's a local place selling aero lowers 3 for $189 so I think I will buy from them and save the hassle of having them shipped to my FFL guy. YMMV
Clipity

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Does anyone know how long this sale is for? :?:
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Edward78 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 pm

The sale is just this weekend I think and not to burst any body's bubble but I have read that Palmettos lowers are built by the same people that build Olympic Lowers but that probably only pertains to the ones with Safe/Fire not the pictograms

Ed
Ed
Edward78

Next

Return to Firearms