PSE Tac-15... Crossbow upper

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: PSE Tac-15... Crossbow upper

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Well, it wouldn't extend my hunting season. CDFG says that any crossbow is not a bow, and can only be used during rifle season.

So, maybe I should just pass on it and keep saving my pennies...
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Oh yeah....I have to admit to all of you black rifle enthusiasts.... This here old Texas Sheepdawg is really a Toxophilite of 42 years....

I love static recurve bows from back when I shot target archery in my High School years. Really liked Wing brand bows. Back then, the compound was still in it's infancy. My dad bought a Cam-Act or Kam-Act recurve/compound hybrid. You could not legally hunt with a release back then and certainly not use one in tournament shooting. I once placed highly in the Carling Open. Yatta Yatta Hoot.... ;)

Is that a Gar?
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Yea, that's a skinney old needle nose gar. My boy and I shot IBO tourneys all the time. He qualified 2 years in a row to go to the World IBO championship and I qualified once, but the championships took place in NY.
I don't care to go to NY.
One of my more recent acquisitions was a Falco Trophy Bow long bow. Very nice. Cost 4500.00 Chronas. (about 450.00 in USD). I contacted the owner of the company VIA email after an a friend of mine in Finland turned me on to these bows. They are made in Estonia, (Russia). The owner just happened to be coming to the states to shooting an archery tourney in South Dakota, so he had his guys custom build my bow then brought it to the states with his other bows. When he got to SD, he emailed me, I paid with pay pal and he Fed Exd it to me! It's the best traditional Longbow that I own.
There is a picture of it with my homemade quiver on the previous page, fourth picture down.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:23 pm

I admire you bow hunter guys. I could always hit the target, but not without stripping the skin off of my inner forearm. No matter where I placed the arm guard, the bowstring found it's way under it, abrading my skin away, shot after shot. I tried bending my elbow out a bit, and that kept the string from doing that, but I could never hit the target that way.

Every bow guy I tell this to says the bow is just not set up properly.

Ok.....
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm a Bow Hunter... I use BowTail Spritzers..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:09 pm

The mystical flight of an arrow.....ballistics you can watch in action.
WRT string slap, a lot of that is your grip and wrist position. Not so much bending your elbow. Some bows have a poorly designed grip. The more pronounced this "lazy engineering" is, the more you have to adjust. I have several compounds but my favorite is my Martin Cheetah. Martin bows are very well made as are PSE bows, but I gotta admit some of the wild designs you see today are more asthtetic and not so much for hunting. Some of the designs seem to me to be higher maintenance than some of the bows made back in the early to mid 1990s.
Anyway, that's another topic for another forum. Sorry for the highjack.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to Firearms