AN/PAQ-4c

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

AN/PAQ-4c

Postby mossy89 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:45 pm

A friend of mine I work with use to be in military and today he was telling me about this laser thing he had. He gave me a box of military issue blanks for a .223, just cause he had no use. But then he was telling me about the AN/PAQ-4c http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-paq4c.htm There's a description of it. It has an infrared beam that shoots out and it can only be seen with a set of night vision goggles. He said he has a set setting around somewhere but he'd have to look for the goggles. He asked me if I wanted to buy it from him, but I really have no use. It mounts to a front rail system, and has a button that can hook up to a foregrip. In Kentucky I'm pretty sure night hunting is prohibited, unless you're coon hunting. I didn't know if any of you would be interested in this item or not.
mossy89

Re: AN/PAQ-4c

Postby akula682 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:15 pm

if he has a true Paq4 it is illegal, and not just because it is stolen. the high settings on the mil spec Paq4 will blind people. There is a civi version for sale... i think. (or something like it.)
akula682

Postby BayouBob » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Would it blind a hog? Hog hunting at night is legal on private land here. You could just flash them all when they come to the feeder at night and then pick them off the next day while they are stumbling around!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:02 pm

akula682 is correct...if he has an actual gummint-issued PAQ4 sight, he is risking a Federal prosecution for theft. If I were you, I would steer clear of this item until you find out where he got it from! :shock:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Return to Firearms