Bushmaster customer support experience's?

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

Bushmaster customer support experience's?

Postby oldmanjeffers » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 am

Hey guys!

Well as some of you may already known I broke my extractor about two weeks ago, I have yet to receive the new one from Bushmaster, That in it's self is not that big of a deal but I have made a number of requests for other information and a parts list for the 450 BM specifically and have received ZERO communications from there CS staff, I've called twice and left messages and have E-mailed them three times. I cant find parts for these things anywhere but from Bushmaster and so far thats not working out either.

I don't think I'm asking to much for at least a "Hey buddy! were really busy right now we'll get back to you" or something, Anything?

I really like this cartridge but am a little worried about how they stand behind their product, In 20 years I've had TWO issues with other firearms I own and both were taken care of in a timely manner and communications appeared to be a priority.

To be honest, Theirs a a part of me that thinks maybe I made a mistake buying a bushmaster product.

What have your experiences been with Bushmaster?

Does anyone have a contact their that might be able to look into this?

Is this SOP for Bushmaster?

Is their anywhere else that sells parts for these?
Thanks in advance.
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Re: Bushmaster customer support experience's?

Postby bushmeister » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:44 am

I've gotten excellent service from them on the two occasions I've called them. That was last year though, but I had a very high opinion of them.
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 am

This is Truly a class act organization, but humans being what they are...well. I can tell you this, Bushmaster's Executive Staff Will Not and Does Not EVER, Tolerate such behavior. So, let's cut through the Crud. I want you to call Tom Tyler at Bushy (put up with all the menu's...I know), tell him I sent you (Tim LeGendre), because of your complaint and then Voice Your Complaint, as you have outlined here. After you do this I want you to report back, here, your findings and then the outcome.

I think you'll get far different results and because you have done this, heads will roll, believe me they are serious.

Not that you are like this, in fact I get the idea from your post that you're all right, but there are some here that couldn't be satisfied, no mater what happens, with anything in the world, meaning, they think the world revolves around them and if their world view does speak exactly the words they want to hear, then they are Mad.

But for you, my friend, you're getting the chance to wake up an already excellent organization, but as in anything, sometimes a tap on the shoulder is needed. Now, go help them out..t

Ps..They might not have an extractor in stock at this moment (this is a way popular item and things are volatile), tell Tom, That I said, when they get another shipment, to send Me one, Heck send me Six, and then PM me with an address, and I'll send you one of mine, but you've got to tell Tom I'm doing this. Keep in mind that extractor breakage is a rare event, and demand for complete weapons get all of the attention, for the available parts..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BayouBob » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:48 am

I think Tim is right. I've emailed them with questions several times and never gone longer than 48 hours without an answer. I've ordered accessories and parts three times and always had them in hand in less than a week. (Never ordered an extractor.)
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby DrRock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmmm. I'm going two weeks now hoping to hear back on an email and a (follow-up one week later) to tech support in regards to my jamming problem. Guess I'll have to call and hunt someone down.....
DrRock

Postby oldmanjeffers » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks Wildcatter for the info.

I just tried calling both numbers on their web site and one just said they were closed and no option for a menu to leave a message for Tom.
The other # said to leave a message and then said mail box full.

Well, I guess I'll try calling at my lunch break on Monday.

The Good news is I worked on the broken Extractor till 12:30 last night, built up the missing metal with the TIG and slowly messaged it back to spec. or what I believe to be spec. LOL IT WORKS! We'll see how long it hangs in their at tomorrow's shoot. I also ordered a 7.62X39 Extractor from midway. I AM bound and determined to get this thing running again. The only other cartridge I've been this addicted to is the 22LR.

Thanks to all who have replied to this.
oldmanjeffers

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 pm

oldmanjeffers wrote:Thanks Wildcatter for the info.

I just tried calling both numbers on their web site and one just said they were closed and no option for a menu to leave a message for Tom.
The other # said to leave a message and then said mail box full.

Well, I guess I'll try calling at my lunch break on Monday.

The Good news is I worked on the broken Extractor till 12:30 last night, built up the missing metal with the TIG and slowly messaged it back to spec. or what I believe to be spec. LOL IT WORKS! We'll see how long it hangs in their at tomorrow's shoot. I also ordered a 7.62X39 Extractor from midway. I AM bound and determined to get this thing running again. The only other cartridge I've been this addicted to is the 22LR.

Thanks to all who have replied to this.

Atta-Boy, SEE. You could let them fix it or you could and learn something in the Offing. My Father, used to say.."knowledge is expensive". I'm proud of you, you're taking the bull by the Horns and showing him who's the boss. Of course this should not have happened, but you're a better Gun Hack because of it, this is a Good Thing, wouldn't you say..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:37 am

Thanks wildcatter.....I think?

In my line of work (Metal fabricator) when we call some one a "Hack" it's a derogatory term, but I get the felling that's not what you meant :D

I was very proud when I reinstalled it and the dummy round came flying out, It took me a good eight times before I got it to work and munched a few .284 cases but like you said I learned something, Actually learned a lot! Now if I can only get it to throw the brass where I want it too then I'll be sitt'n pretty.
I'll get back here to report on the home made/fixed extractor after the shoot.

Thanks again wildcatter, It's a pleasure talking with you.
oldmanjeffers

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:17 am

We don't really care where it throws it, so long as it outside of the action. If you used a very tough weld, then your fix is prolly better than the original..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby oldmanjeffers » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:23 pm

That was FUN!!!

Funny thing, my extractor works flawlessly with the .284 brass but did not eject the factory brass 100%? Hummm. I'll look into it.

My weld/Fix looks like it didn't move!! I love it.

We set the 18" gong up at 200 yards and were drilling it with the 450, The Bushnell scope I put on it doesn't adjust left to right so I put the red dot back on it and let her ride. MAN is this thing accurate, My shooting partner was on the glass and he was amazed at the groups with just a red dot and could not believe the pounding that the 450 was giving the gong, The 375 H&H was just about pushing through 5/8 mild steel but the 450 was really putting the smack down on that metal, And looked to be "pushing" the gong around more? I mean it was really swinging with hits from the 450. Vaporized a few full soda cans and generally made a bunch of noise LOL.

10 rounds of 375 H&H, 50 rounds of 450BM, 40 rounds of Hot 30-06, 8 rounds of 300 win mag, and a handful of other little guns And its time for some ICE. :oops:
oldmanjeffers

Next

Return to Firearms