SBR's??

AR15, AK47, FAL, Bolt, Hangun, etc... If I find we need it I will expand this forum.

Moderator: MudBug

SBR's??

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:01 am

looking at a shorty short upper, 10-11" who has a good one?

I see Delton and Bravo Company have some attractive prices, but I know nothing of either of them.
Al in Mi

Re: SBR's??

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:13 am

Al in Mi wrote:looking at a shorty short upper, 10-11" who has a good one?

I see Delton and Bravo Company have some attractive prices, but I know nothing of either of them.

Hey Big AL, 206 has a great project going on and if we can get him to chime in (Which might be a problem, I mean you know how those SBR guys can be..wink), I bet he knows where the bodies are buried..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HillBilly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:19 pm

After having them as short as possible and still function... 12.5 is my pick of the litter. gives you a little better burn for cans... Shorter than 11.5 may give you a secondary ignition in the expansion chamber from unburnt powder that will effect the stability of the bullet that will lead to baffle/end cap strikes...

Ive heard good things about bravo, never used either of them though...
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:54 pm

HillBilly wrote:After having them as short as possible and still function... 12.5 is my pick of the litter. gives you a little better burn for cans... Shorter than 11.5 may give you a secondary ignition in the expansion chamber from unburnt powder that will effect the stability of the bullet that will lead to baffle/end cap strikes...

Ive heard good things about bravo, never used either of them though...

HB, what about fast powders, in the 450, to eliminate sec/ign, in a short barrel, in other words, to burn everything in the barrel. I've got to build a working model, for a No-Such-Name Organization, and I haven't started yet and am just trying to get my marbles straight before I do..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HillBilly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:25 pm

450 should be a good candidate for something along those lines, as soon as I can get a 16" fired up I can see a sbr with can in my near future... A 300 gr sub that functions would be an absolute hammer for some in close PM time ADC work... Be a little "Spen-Sive" in full boogie though... :lol:

Feel free to Pick my brain(be it small)... ;)
HillBilly

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm

HillBilly wrote:450 should be a good candidate for something along those lines, as soon as I can get a 16" fired up I can see a sbr with can in my near future... A 300 gr sub that functions would be an absolute hammer for some in close PM time ADC work... Be a little "Spen-Sive" in full boogie though... :lol:

Oh, I don't think it's small at all and I will be ah head butt'en wit ya, when I start this program..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm

catter, how short have you taken the 450B?
Al in Mi

Postby HillBilly » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:00 pm

wildcatter wrote:
HillBilly wrote:450 should be a good candidate for something along those lines, as soon as I can get a 16" fired up I can see a sbr with can in my near future... A 300 gr sub that functions would be an absolute hammer for some in close PM time ADC work... Be a little "Spen-Sive" in full boogie though... :lol:

Oh, I don't think it's small at all and I will be ah head butt'en wit ya, when I start this program..t

I'm looking foreward to it. If I can help another "gun guy" with a project I am there.

HillBilly

Oh yeah, You can see my latest centerfolds in julys SAR... I love this SH!T...
HillBilly

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:07 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Al in Mi wrote:looking at a shorty short upper, 10-11" who has a good one?

Hey Big AL, 206 has a great project going on and if we can get him to chime in (Which might be a problem, I mean you know how those SBR guys can be..wink), I bet he knows where the bodies are buried..t

Still waiting on the 10.5" barrel from Adam over @ Ballistic Advantage. In the mean time I am just sorting out what parts I need and what parts I already have. No can for me, I can legally own it here but have to drive to Idaho just to shoot the darn thing legally. This will be a pistol build but a 10.5" sbr build would mirror it. I will make sure to keep y'all up to date as I get parts and I am sure I will have questions. Al, if you are planning an sbr build and get parts before I do don't be afraid to share some pic's or problems.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby BayouBob » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:47 pm

I bought my son a Delton carbine in 5.56. He has shot the fool out of it with no problems so they appear to make a quality product.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Next

Return to Firearms