Remington Ammo?????

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington Ammo?????

Postby 450b-recluse » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:44 pm

I just finished watching the "Modern Rifle Adnentures" episode on Florida Gators with the AR platform, and the older dude was using an R15 in 450B.
He said he was using the ammo made by Remington that utilizes the same bullet that is used for saboted shotgun slugs.
Have any of you guys seen any such Remington 450 ammo advertised anywhere, or heard of any load data for their factory loads.
I think it's something we need to investigate ! !
450b-recluse

Re: Remington Ammo?????

Postby 450b-recluse » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Hey I just checked the Remington web site and it there.
260gr Premeir Accu tip 450b
Will continue to dig a little deeper
450b-recluse

Postby Hoot » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:37 pm

450b-recluse wrote:I just finished watching the "Modern Rifle Adnentures" episode on Florida Gators with the AR platform, and the older dude was using an R15 in 450B.
He said he was using the ammo made by Remington that utilizes the same bullet that is used for saboted shotgun slugs.
Have any of you guys seen any such Remington 450 ammo advertised anywhere, or heard of any load data for their factory loads.
I think it's something we need to investigate ! !

Everyone can get them, except for consumers. :roll: Gotta be the longest running hype show I've seen lately. Not sure what they're waiting for, other than everyone being pimped up so bad, they'll just hand over their wallet for a fix at any cost. We're being played once again...

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby oldmanjeffers » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:16 pm

450-b Recluse

I watched that last night also, Got up and started looking for it on the net, Got all excited for nothing! :x

Strange looking bullet don't you think? Looks like it would whistle or something as it fly through the air. :shock:
We're all in this together
oldmanjeffers

Postby jimtex » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:51 am

I asked the Remington customer service people when there would be production quantities available thru major ammo suppliers and after an initial evasive answer they said the scheduled August production had been delayed indefinitely fo reasons unknown to them. Makes me wonder if Remington is reevaluating their commitment to 450B.
jimtex

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 pm

jimtex wrote:I asked the Remington customer service people when there would be production quantities available thru major ammo suppliers and after an initial evasive answer they said the scheduled August production had been delayed indefinitely fo reasons unknown to them. Makes me wonder if Remington is reevaluating their commitment to 450B.

That sucks if they do but so far we have done alright so far. I really want those accutips bad, but I am happy with the performance and availability of the Hornady ammo. Welcome aboard brother! :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby jimtex » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks. I also like the Hornaday ammo and I'm sure it will totally meet my needs. I just wanted to try the Remington. I have it on backorder thru Cabelas (3 months so far).
jimtex

Postby wildcatter » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:58 pm

jimtex wrote:I asked the Remington customer service people when there would be production quantities available thru major ammo suppliers and after an initial evasive answer they said the scheduled August production had been delayed indefinitely fo reasons unknown to them. Makes me wonder if Remington is reevaluating their commitment to 450B.

That's the pat answer, when CS doesn't know.

I know for a fact that they are working on load development, but it's anyone's guess when they will be ready..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby HillBilly » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:06 pm

I was at Bushmonster a few months back and they had a pile of it... Guessing for T&E on their part...
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Postby 2zero6 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:49 pm

HillBilly wrote:I was at Bushmonster a few months back and they had a pile of it... Guessing for T&E on their part...

Man I wish they would send some our way!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Next

Return to Reloading