Issues

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Issues

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:02 am

buckhead wrote:Actually we shoot together she likes shooting just not the heavy calibers and archery also

Maybe your wife would like to try her hand at reloading? See if she will sit down for a video of the process. Look around for a good one (I would say one of Hornady's videos, but I think theirs only cover a step or component at at time). Avoid a video made by someone named Bubba, who wears camo.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah, stick with Brownells/ RCBS/Hornady/Lee/Lyman/ Sinclair videos. Stay out of Bubba Js' mothers' basement.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby buckhead » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Well she thinks I could be careless so that might be a different issue I do have a friend that reloads and she trust his judgements so I may have him work on her
buckhead

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I've got two solutions for ya:

Buy the reloading stuff, and put her to work reloading...

Or:

Sell your wife to your friend, use the money to buy reloading stuff ... AND she wont be around to bug you while you reload, a true Win - Win! LOL

Can ya tell I'm divorced?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Adrian8 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:53 am

Good Grief! Put your "Man Pants" on and buy your reloading equipment.
Adrian8

Postby MrRowdy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Your wife is paranoid of you shooting? That's gotta be a tough spot. Mine just hates that I find some way of justifying all the guns sitting in the safe. "Well Dear, it's like this..." :lol:
MrRowdy

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Adrian8 wrote:Good Grief! Put your "Man Pants" on and buy your reloading equipment.

I will put on my Man-Pants, just as soon as she tells me which leg to put in them first..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 pm

BillytheKid wrote:I've got two solutions for ya:

Buy the reloading stuff, and put her to work reloading...

Or:

Sell your wife to your friend, use the money to buy reloading stuff ... AND she wont be around to bug you while you reload, a true Win - Win! LOL

Can ya tell I'm divorced?

+1!!!!!
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby DGV » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:07 pm

I've got the most scaredy cat wife in the world when it comes to me doing things, but she lets me reload. I just had to keep telling her how safe it was and how I'm super paranoid so I'm very careful. She didn't care for it too much but when my Lee kit came in the mail, there wasn't much she could do about it and now she thinks it's kinda cool. She walks in and sees me hard at work on my little single stage press, which looks totally harmless, and she's gotten used to it.

I've learned to use it to my advantage. Last year I started a cafe racer motorcycle project. She HATES motorcycles. She's probably in the garage right now hiding my tools and taking parts off the bike so I'll never be able to ride it and get myself killed by some half blind little old lady. I told her the other day I was thinking about selling it so I could put more time and money into my guns and shooting. She told me I could buy a MILLION guns if I got rid of that bike....BAZINGA!!! :lol:
Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms.
DGV

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:16 pm

DGV wrote:I've got the most scaredy cat wife in the world when it comes to me doing things, but she lets me reload. I just had to keep telling her how safe it was and how I'm super paranoid so I'm very careful. She didn't care for it too much but when my Lee kit came in the mail, there wasn't much she could do about it and now she thinks it's kinda cool. She walks in and sees me hard at work on my little single stage press, which looks totally harmless, and she's gotten used to it.

I've learned to use it to my advantage. Last year I started a cafe racer motorcycle project. She HATES motorcycles. She's probably in the garage right now hiding my tools and taking parts off the bike so I'll never be able to ride it and get myself killed by some half blind little old lady. I told her the other day I was thinking about selling it so I could put more time and money into my guns and shooting. She told me I could buy a MILLION guns if I got rid of that bike....BAZINGA!!! :lol:

Welcome to our electronic campfire, DVG! And I gotta agree. I would rather reload than ride motorcycles. I got hit back in 1981. It was their fault as they weren't watching out for motorcycles and didn't use her side mirror and she sideswiped me. I refuse to get back on one to this day.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Reloading