Homemade Powder Trickler.

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Homemade Powder Trickler.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 am

A long time ago, 1996 I think, I needed to get a powder trickler but there were no sporting goods stores in the area that carried them. So I made one out of film canisters, a piece of a 1713 aluminum arrow, and some heat glue, electric tape and some lead shot.
Pretty snazzy, huh?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Homemade Powder Trickler.

Postby Aries » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 am

That was a good idea.

Aries
Aries

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Don't let him fool you, those aren't film canisters, he's using his outdoor coyote smoker, again..wink..

Come to think of it, smoked coyote sounds good, call me when it's ready Tex..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:43 pm

The bottom film canister has lead shot in it to give the trickler some mass and the lid is glued shut. The bottoms of both canisters are hot glued together. I used a little elect tape just to keep them secure. I drilled two holes in the top canister the same diameter as the arrow, just slightly at an angle. The tube is a short piece of an arrow with a wood plug in one end, a small hole drilled in the side to allow powder to pass through. I used whatever Doo-dads I could find to slide on the arrow on both sides of the canister to keep the arrow in place.

As for smoked yote, Wildcatter, I peppered that yote last Friday morning with the 20 Gauge #3 buckshot at about 50 yards and I haven't seen him since.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby LlindeX » Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:The bottom film canister has lead shot in it to give the trickler some mass and the lid is glued shut. The bottoms of both canisters are hot glued together. I used a little elect tape just to keep them secure. I drilled two holes in the top canister the same diameter as the arrow, just slightly at an angle. The tube is a short piece of an arrow with a wood plug in one end, a small hole drilled in the side to allow powder to pass through. I used whatever Doo-dads I could find to slide on the arrow on both sides of the canister to keep the arrow in place.

As for smoked yote, Wildcatter, I peppered that yote last Friday morning with the 20 Gauge #3 buckshot at about 50 yards and I haven't seen him since.

Dang Dawg, Looks like in our younger leaner years, we both went to the same Engineering School: (Arkansas). I've still got that same trickler sitting on the shelf above my loading bench. Only diff. is mines' made out of a piece of electical conduit and an Easton aluminum arrow.

Also, That must have been the same Texas 'yote I saw on the TV news last night. Said a Cop radar recorded him at 186mph still going North with his tail tucked between his legs just outside the city limits of Boulder, Colorado!
Ask a Syrian why his gun rights are so important !
Then, ask yourself why any Politician really wants to take our's away !!!
LlindeX

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri May 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Dang Dawg, Looks like in our younger leaner years, we both went to the same Engineering School: (Arkansas). I've still got that same trickler sitting on the shelf above my loading bench. Only diff. is mines' made out of a piece of electical conduit and an Easton aluminum arrow.

Ya missed, but not by much. Louisiana, Tennessee, and Texas.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Reloading