.450 Bushmaster Reloading

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: .450 Bushmaster Reloading

Postby Hoot » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:31 am

Bearkilla wrote:Anyone tried to load the 275 barnes, I think it's the TSX or the TSX tipped??? If so what powder did you use and with what results??
...snip...

Here's links to my work with the 200 & 275 Barnes XPB. The 200 is now my go-to load for deep woods and brush MN white tails, though they are adequate for just about anything on the continent. The little bit that they may not be optimum for is covered by the 275.

XPB Part 1

XPB Part 2

XPB Part 3

XPB Water Shots

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Bearkilla » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 am

Thank you "Sir Hoot", that there is a whole lot of great info and I have it saved now and will print it off in the morning. Those are awesome looking 275 gr bullets. I am new to this big bore stuff and and having a ball learning the ropes from you guys. I'm going to go with the 275 TSX when I can get my hands on some. I bought a bunch of ammo to shoot up so I can reload the TSX bullet.

Thank you

Cliff :D
Bearkilla

Postby Hoot » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 am

Bearkilla wrote:Thank you "Sir Hoot", that there is a whole lot of great info and I have it saved now and will print it off in the morning. Those are awesome looking 275 gr bullets. I am new to this big bore stuff and and having a ball learning the ropes from you guys. I'm going to go with the 275 TSX when I can get my hands on some. I bought a bunch of ammo to shoot up so I can reload the TSX bullet.

Thank you

Cliff :D

You're welcome Cliff, but you'll probably have better luck snagging some of those 275 XPB bullets than 275 TSX. ;)
Here's a Link to my favorite reloading bullet, online store. Always the best price in bullets for my 450b. You'll be hard pressed to find those 275 XPBs for a lower price than that.

BTW, I never got the chance to say Welcome Aboard when you first started posting. Better late than never.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Bearkilla » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:23 am

Thanks for the welcome,

Hoot I called Remington's manufacturing plant a few weeks back and was told they will run the Hog Hammer loads for three days at the plant. I believe they said the 16th 17th and 18th of Sept. They also said look for the loaded Hog Hammer and for the TSX bullet about that time. I have put my name on about 40 contact me when they come in lists. I don't know if anyone else is wanting them or not, but if you email me, I will sure send you a where to order every time I get an email telling me they be in and SHHHTUFF.

Cliff
Bearkilla

Postby Bearkilla » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

If I can't get any, your work up with that XPB is very impressive. You have done your homework for sure.

Thanks
Cliff
Bearkilla

Previous

Return to Reloading