Prepping Brass

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Prepping Brass

Postby pitted bore » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 am

An alternative to the eBay primer pocket cleaner-uniformer is this one for $22.

It's carbide, so it will do its job for a very long time.
Web site is here: K&M Shooting.

The company used to be a benchrest specialty store, but their products got widely noticed and the original owner sold his outfit rather than get overwhelmed. A few years ago their customer service was exceptional. I dropped one of their case holders on a concrete floor and broke the steel stem. They replaced it free of charge. (That's sort of like GM fixing your Chevy pickup for free after you run it into a tree.) I hope the new owners are as thoughtful.

--Bob
pitted bore

Postby Hoot » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:24 am

pitted bore wrote:An alternative to the eBay primer pocket cleaner-uniformer is this one for $22.

It's carbide, so it will do its job for a very long time.

The company used to be a benchrest specialty store, but their products got widely noticed and the original owner sold his outfit rather than get overwhelmed. A few years ago their customer service was exceptional. I dropped one of their case holders on a concrete floor and broke the steel stem. They replaced it free of charge. (That's sort of like GM fixing your Chevy pickup for free after you run it into a tree.) I hope the new owners are as thoughtful.

--Bob

That's sure a fine looking product and certainly a reasonable price. I use their flash hole deburrer. It works well. Unfortunately the replacement tip costs nearly as much as the whole tool. Very creative use of a wire nut. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby simpleman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 pm

I use walnut shells in a vibrating tumbler. I throw in a new dryer sheet each time. The dryer sheet soaks up the fine dust and the brass comes out very clean.
simpleman

Postby Hoot » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm

simpleman wrote:I use walnut shells in a vibrating tumbler. I throw in a new dryer sheet each time. The dryer sheet soaks up the fine dust and the brass comes out very clean.

Ditto, except I cut the dryer sheet into ~1 inch squares. Walnut rocks.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby m113103 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm

When I first started reloading I used Lee case conditioning tools. They are good for low volume loading.
http://leeprecision.com/case-conditioning-tools/
m113103

Previous

Return to Reloading