Excellent Read (should be a sticky)

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Excellent Read (should be a sticky)

Postby Hoot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

Many of you have probably already read This lengthy but excellent thread over on Calguns regarding the reloading experimentation done early in the life of the 450B. I'm currently on page 40 of 78 and enjoying every post of it. Wish I had been in the fray during those early years. Talk about braving new frontiers!
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Excellent Read (should be a sticky)

Postby wildcatter » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Hoot wrote:Many of you have probably already read This lengthy but excellent thread over on Calguns regarding the reloading experimentation done early in the life of the 450B. I'm currently on page 40 of 78 and enjoying every post of it. Wish I had been in the fray during those early years. Talk about braving new frontiers!
Hoot

Hey Hoot,

Of course it's a good read, we wrote it and you should read it to the end, it will bring you up to speed.

I'd say that it might be the first 50 guys, or so, here on this Board that wrote it and along the way, The Now Famous "MudBug", created this board and all the writers over there, came here.

Ok, now for you 'ol-Timers, this brings up a good point, we have so much data spread out all over the place, that when the new guys ask something that has already been written about, well, let's not get frustrated, as they do on the other boards, but just willingly and respectfully answer the questions. It'll give us yet another chance to stress the safety aspects and who knows, maybe another angle to a problem may appear..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Look at the top of this forum and you will find a link to that thread. It was where this place was conceived. (I'm not sure I like how that sounds :? )
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Hoot » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:10 pm

MudBug wrote:Look at the top of this forum and you will find a link to that thread. It was where this place was conceived. (I'm not sure I like how that sounds :? )

Geez, if that was a snake, it would'a bit me :roll:
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby the_mad_rshn » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 pm

All I can say I read every letter of that thread first thing even before I got the gun. Great resource.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:12 pm

I remember when the thread started, I was trying to figure out what to buy a .450b or a .458s. To be honest the major reasons I got the .450 was
#1. Factory backed ammo
#2. The designer (Tim) of the cartridge was activley helping others here on the net.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Return to Reloading