Cleaning Tumbling Media

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Cleaning Tumbling Media

Postby gunnuttwo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Hoot, I think you should have swiped a pair of your wife's hose and filled it up with wet media, take it outside and hang it on the clothes line of something in sight of your neighbor. Be prepared to take pictures (of your neighbor) and share them so we can all get a good laugh.
gunnuttwo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:08 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Slight hijack alert!...The stuff you learn off of this website never ceases to amaze... :ugeek:

Note to Hoot: You'd better be careful what you go swiping out of the house...you might wind up with more crushed walnuts than you started with... :lol:

ROTFL!!!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 am

gunnuttwo wrote:Hoot, I think you should have swiped a pair of your wife's hose and filled it up with wet media, take it outside and hang it on the clothes line of something in sight of your neighbor. Be prepared to take pictures (of your neighbor) and share them so we can all get a good laugh.

My truck has high ground clearance. Maybe I could have split the load between both halves of the pantyhose and hung them from my trailer hitch. "Ya think yours are big? Check these out!" The mental image is good for a quick guffaw, but don't you wonder about the folks you occasionally see driving around with 'nads hanging from their hitches? What's going on there anyway? :|

On a separate note, my trusty Midway tumbler (later became Frankfort) of 10 years finally has it's motor bearing going south, so I ordered a Hornady M2 while they are on special from Midway. The fellow who owns the local reloading shop recommended it of the more affordable brands out there.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:46 am

Hoot wrote:My truck has high ground clearance. Maybe I could have split the load between both halves of the pantyhose and hung them from my trailer hitch. "Ya think yours are big? Check these out!" The mental image is good for a quick guffaw, but don't you wonder about the folks you occasionally see driving around with 'nads hanging from their hitches? What's going on there anyway? :|
Hoot

And whats worse, You walk through a parking lot and you see those nads dangling on a low rider, they are half dragged off from hitting speed bumps and you gotta wonder......
"Okay, he bought a pickup, then chopped it down to a low rider....Then he gets a set of plastic nads for the back bumper?!?"
Dude, what are you doing? You just bought a chevy pick up, chopped it, (which is like buying a prize bull then castrating it), then you re-strap plastic dingle-berries to the back bumper to suggest your truck is the "Man" it used to be, and you expect me to stand there and not laugh my arse off at your stupidity? COME ON!!!
I felt like taking my buck knife and putting it out of its' misery.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BD1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am

I bought corn cob grit and graded sawdust from Louis O.Beede in Lowell Mass for many years when I owned a fur tannery in Maine. I'm sorry to report that they're going out of business, (may be gone already), but it's worth a try for realistic prices. When I owned the tannery I was paying about $18.00 for a 40 lb bag of 20/40 CC grit delivered. I'll be sorry when my current barrel is empty.
http://www.beedeandsons.com/industrialabrasives.html

If you're in the mid west, these guys are the source, (even better pricing):

http://corn-cob-grit-products.topcoatlo ... /index.php

BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Previous

Return to Reloading