License for 450 Bushmaster

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: License for 450 Bushmaster

Postby bushmeister » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:08 am

Did anything ever come of this?? I was hoping we would get a new supplier in the fold.
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm

bushmeister wrote:Did anything ever come of this?? I was hoping we would get a new supplier in the fold.

I PM'd him along time ago and he never returned my request. How 'bout it BigBore, are you still interested..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BigBoreAR » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 am

Sorry - been distracted and likely will remain so in the short to medium term. Furthermore, my client who was wanting me to load these has also been distracted on other things. I don't know when or if he'll return to the issue of a big bore AR.

Didn't get a PM, btw.

You've answered my question in that a license is required. Good to know. It is for reasons such as this that I don't go loading rounds willy-nilly. This industry is too full of people "cloning" or just out-right ripping off folks who invented and fielded good cartridges, chambers, rifles, optics, etc. While it seems to be a generally accepted practice, I don't want to even unintentionally sink to that level.

I can't promise that this will go anywhere - but it would be enlightening to know just the general specifics required - if my client(s) decide to make this a priority again.
Is yours an annual fee or per-loaded-round agreement? If it is a per-round agreement do you have annual minimums? Do you license the trademark or is there IP/technical specs involved? (I do all my own pressure testing) Are you the sole holder/licensor - or will I need something concurrent from Hornady/Bushmaster/Cerberus?
BigBoreAR

Postby wildcatter » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Nope, I'm the man, you won't need any of those other, outstanding outfits. Any arrangement at all is do-able, I have no real preference. You might want to PM me, so we can talk on the phone..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to Reloading