License for 450 Bushmaster

General Reloading Discussion.

Moderator: MudBug

License for 450 Bushmaster

Postby BigBoreAR » Mon May 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Is a license required to commercially load (small scale) the 450 Bushmaster?
BigBoreAR

Re: License for 450 Bushmaster

Postby thatguy » Mon May 17, 2010 5:13 pm

You need a Type 6 FFL and a HUGE insurance policy to cover liability.. On top of that you may need a local/state business license and other stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby BigBoreAR » Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm

thatguy wrote:You need a Type 6 FFL and a HUGE insurance policy to cover liability.. On top of that you may need a local/state business license and other stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

Brian

I have all that and more. (Type 10 class 2 amongst other licenses). I just don't want to misuse anyone's mark and would happily pay a royalty if required and reasonable. I tried to contact LeMag Firearm and was unsuccessful (phone disconnected). I called Bushmaster who told me to call Hornady who told me to call Bushmaster. . . . I positively will not load these unless I get a firm answer as to who, if anyone, owns and administrates the trademark. I don't want to scam anyone or break anyone's ricebowl. I am only attempting to load these due to a special request from a good customer (individual not corporate).
BigBoreAR

Postby MudBug » Tue May 18, 2010 1:45 am

The person you need to talk to is a member here and goes under the name name "wildcatter". I would guess that the only reason he hasn't already chimed in on this subject is that he is probably in transit to another location to test some 450b muzzle brakes with one of our members.

If you can hold tight I'm sure he will chime in and spill the poop.

If you need to feel free to look him up in the member list and send him a message, he's a real nice guy and would love to oint you in the right direction.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BigBoreAR » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 am

MudBug wrote:If you can hold tight I'm sure he will chime in and spill the poop.

Excellent. Thank you. I can wait.
BigBoreAR

Postby bushmeister » Tue May 18, 2010 9:10 pm

Gunnut and I spotted this post on the way to the range today and informed WC. He is out of pocket,but will be in touch soon. I hope all works out. The more the merrier! (at least I am)
bushmeister

Postby MudBug » Fri May 28, 2010 11:16 am

Did Wildcatter ever chime in on this?
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby BigBoreAR » Fri May 28, 2010 3:09 pm

MudBug wrote:Did Wildcatter ever chime in on this?

Not that I have seen.
BigBoreAR

Postby MudBug » Fri May 28, 2010 4:04 pm

BigBoreAR wrote:
MudBug wrote:Did Wildcatter ever chime in on this?

Not that I have seen.

OK, I'll see what I can do.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Sorry Guys, I've been Globe Trotting again, and this is the first real time in three weeks I've had to try and get caught up and wont be for sometime. In the meantime I'm enjoying the posts I've missed.

BigBoreAR, Yes, I can License you and there are many here that would take advantage of your services, including me (Ok, Ok, but hey, let's help him along). So that these gents can see some of the functions of this type of negotiation, post your intentions and questions here and when they need to get personal, we'll either use private email and/or phone conversations. Fire away.

That phone was disconnected 10 or so years ago, I'm surprised that hey have not reassigned it to someone else, go figure. Or, maybe they did and the people were appalled at the number of telephone calls I was getting or maybe they were just anti-gunners, ???...t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to Reloading