Great news from Freedom Group/Bushmaster

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Great news from Freedom Group/Bushmaster

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Here is where the conversation took a very dark turn.
Bob Purvis says:
10.30.11 at 10:56 pm
So, the bean counters at Cerberus are doing to Barnes what they have done to every other company they have eviscerated. I assume the quality of the product will nose dive as well.

bbullets says:
11.01.11 at 5:28 pm
Bob, to clarify, the “Cerberus bean counters” did not make the decision to discontinue the MRX. The Barnes team (in Mona, Utah) has been contemplating discontinuing the MRX for a few years now based on the success of the Tipped TSX. The two bullets are basically identical in the front end – the difference is in the back end. The tungsten core made this bullet extremely expensive. Each year, sales declined due to people switching to the Tipped TSX. Whether Freedom Group had owned Barnes today or not, the decision to discontinue this line would have been made. It just didn’t make sense to keep it. -JSB
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:47 pm

The freedom group has been loading the barnes vortx line of ammunition since the beginning. It seems to be of good quality. Never had an issue with Barnes bullets. I learned of this” changing of the guards” some time ago and was not pleased about it. So far I have not seen done to barnes what has done to the other companies of the freedom group.

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm

It's very disturbing that one corporation is grabbing up all of these other firearms industries. It's starting to take on the appearance of becoming a monopoly. That cannot go good for the gunowners.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Who is freedom group? Do they have the best intentions for the second amendment or are they Sorro's minions profiting from us till they own enough to control market and shut it down.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Though a Soros conspiracy like that would inflict serious damage, as long as we have Pipe, Pebbles, and Poop, we'll fight to the last man.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Lets not get too threatened by the fact that the big fish eat the little fish. It's the nature of business. A lot of the smaller fish have been conglomerated by Battenfield Technologies as well. Companies who were once independent small businesses like Caldwell, Tipton, Wheeler Engineering, Frankford Arsenal, Fajen, PAST, Adams & Bennett, Miles Gilbert and Lockdown. These were companies who for whatever reason, could not weather the economic downturn of late, long enough to catch the current wave of feeding frenzy we are seeing and regain their footing. There's no conspiracy, unless you consider capitalism to be conspiratorial. I'm sure other fish will fall prey in the years to come, not as a result of some nefarious conspiracy. Just the love of profit taking.

Look at the spawning and consumption of electronic industries. You can't open up the newspaper without reading of some hardware or software company emerging and an equal number being gobbled up. It's like the predator vs prey relationship. Neither can exist without the other.

In the case of many firearms product companies. Many sprung up in the 20th century because a single person had an idea and a dream to go with it. They lived their generation and produced prodigy who were not interested in the work necessary to keep the family business going, for whatever reason. Maybe it was so successful and left enough of a legacy that those kids were content in spending off that legacy and the hell with what became of the company. It happens. Some times, their last harvest is selling the business name, assets or both for what some bigger fish is willing to pay to get rid of their competition. It happens. It's all not bleak. Some children of industry greats continue on in their parent's shoes. Some times individuals who believe strongly in the particular product choose to take up the flag and battle onward, trying to stay ahead of, or at least away from the gaze of the bigger fish.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Hoot wrote:Lets not get too threatened by the fact that the big fish eat the little fish. It's the nature of business. A lot of the smaller fish have been conglomerated by Battenfield Technologies as well. Companies who were once independent small businesses like Caldwell, Tipton, Wheeler Engineering, Frankford Arsenal, Fajen, PAST, Adams & Bennett, Miles Gilbert and Lockdown. These were companies who for whatever reason, could not weather the economic downturn of late, long enough to catch the current wave of feeding frenzy we are seeing and regain their footing. There's no conspiracy, unless you consider capitalism to be conspiratorial. I'm sure other fish will fall prey in the years to come, not as a result of some nefarious conspiracy. Just the love of profit taking.

Look at the spawning and consumption of electronic industries. You can't open up the newspaper without reading of some hardware or software company emerging and an equal number being gobbled up. It's like the predator vs prey relationship. Neither can exist without the other.

In the case of many firearms product companies. Many sprung up in the 20th century because a single person had an idea and a dream to go with it. They lived their generation and produced prodigy who were not interested in the work necessary to keep the family business going, for whatever reason. Maybe it was so successful and left enough of a legacy that those kids were content in spending off that legacy and the hell with what became of the company. It happens. Some times, their last harvest is selling the business name, assets or both for what some bigger fish is willing to pay to get rid of their competition. It happens. It's all not bleak. Some children of industry greats continue on in their parent's shoes. Some times individuals who believe strongly in the particular product choose to take up the flag and battle onward, trying to stay ahead of, or at least away from the gaze of the bigger fish.

Hoot

Very-Very, well said..

Two things, and sometimes, more often then not, usually the conglomerated companies become much better, at what they do. Do you think that the Freedom Group is into all of this, to NOT make a profit, think again. All of their companies are growing and getting better. You may not like some aspect or other, but keep in mind, they are operating in the middle of a very bad Depression and barely holding their heads above the water. If the Freedom Group actually does fail, that will be the darkest day in the lives of Gun Owners, and a great day for the Anti's.

I see some comments a bout George Soros. It reminds me that sometimes, we in the shooting fraternity, are our own worst enemies. Case in point. .."you are not a true Hunter, because you don't hunt with a...", get it? We are mere men a as such we tend to demonize things we don't want to understand, and I do mean "We", for I too suffer from just such an affliction and struggle to keep it under check.

We do have enemies in the gun world and this from the inside, Obama-Round 2 (assuming he is reelected), plans on actual confiscation, a-la-Canda-style (he loves the various Canadian Models), using the Executive Order (You may think this is not being considered, Big-Time? Then call the ILA, I bet they'll confirm it to be true, but my intel does not come from the NRA). But, I digress.. the Soros thing is not one of our Bug-a-Boo's, check this out.. http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/freedom.asp ..

Much to consider here, but Hoot is correct and so am I..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Sometimes I just like to stir the pot and see what happens. :P
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:53 am

No conspiracy? Dang. I kinda liked the "Pipe, Pebbles, and Poop" analogy...
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby bushmeister » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:30 pm

I didn't think any harm could have come frome the merging of Exxon/Mobil, Conoco/Phillips, BP/Amoco either.... little did I know.
bushmeister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic