Happy Free Target Day!!!

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Happy Free Target Day!!!

Postby bushmeister » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 am

This is the perfect time to pick up some excellent targets for free. Election signs are everywhere, and alot of them have perfect built in targets, such as an x or an O or a dotted "i" right in the middle of someones name. Even if the name doesn't work, they still make a great stick in the ground backboard for your paper targets. The pickings are good here in GA, but I'm Ready for SaXby to run again... He has the best target signs with a little x right in the center! :D
bushmeister

Re: Happy Free Target Day!!!

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 am

Ive almost exhausted my "HOPE" signs. THe best around here are the corregated plastic ones. they hold staples very well. and usually hold up well to cold weather.
Mike

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:53 am

I almost spit out my drink from laughing! :lol: Totally not what I expected but great idea!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Wow....I thought I was the only one who did this. But Lord knows, if the wrong person sees you shooting the right signs, you may have some guys in black suits knocking on your door. I abstain from political signs if I can. But thats about the only ones perfect for target practice.
:|
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby bushmeister » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:42 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Wow....I thought I was the only one who did this. But Lord knows, if the wrong person sees you shooting the right signs, you may have some guys in black suits knocking on your door. I abstain from political signs if I can. But thats about the only ones perfect for target practice.

If the unelected mayor has people in black suits that come after me for a half dozen signs, then they didn't deserve to get elected anyway.... and I'm guessing I could give them a run for their money if they came for me ;)
bushmeister

Postby xxInfidelxx » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Dollar Tree had Obama plates after the last Presidential election. $20 bucks and well worth it. Also got a great deal on clearance 12x12 ceiling tiles from Lowe's paid something like $3 bucks for a full box of about 40. Shot with my Saiga 12 using at 100 yards, they blow up pretty good.
xxInfidelxx

Postby bushmeister » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 am

xxInfidelxx wrote:Dollar Tree had Obama plates after the last Presidential election. $20 bucks and well worth it.

:lol: :lol:
bushmeister

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:18 pm

:shock: I'll stick with my corn bags that have the targets on them. :? i have a tendency to shoot "full auto" when those political signs are in my sights :roll:

:) speakin' of corn... and cheap :D now's the time to buy all that leftover halloween candy corn that nobody eats :| and add it to your corn feeders :D it throws well and the deer love it! ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:18 am

bushmeister wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Wow....I thought I was the only one who did this. But Lord knows, if the wrong person sees you shooting the right signs, you may have some guys in black suits knocking on your door. I abstain from political signs if I can. But thats about the only ones perfect for target practice.

If the unelected mayor has people in black suits that come after me for a half dozen signs, then they didn't deserve to get elected anyway.... and I'm guessing I could give them a run for their money if they came for me ;)

If the guys in black suits came to my door, my Rotweiller would want
To have the first go at them.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Archie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:27 pm

I thought that the politicians you attract by shooting thier signs WERE the free targets! :twisted:

Remember the whole purpose of the right to bear arms was to keep the tyrannical government at bay, and I do think the .450 Bushy is the perfect gun for the job. :lol:

I got some 'bamma targets from my brother-in-law that were oval shaped and had a picture of the guy in the center of the oval that was nearly life-sized. By the time they were on the range for 10 minutes they looked like they were more death-sized, though. I am just waiting for someone to come up with a life-sized Pelosi target - Oh that's right, she lost her job! Too bad...
Archie

Return to Off Topic