9MM World Record Group

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 9MM World Record Group

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:19 am

Dawg, I only see posts from you and Tim...what's going on here?

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 am

I'm pulling info from websites/ playing with scissors.... (cut&paste) and trying to locate as much data as I can.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:04 am

Just don't tell Hoot I'm playing with scissors. He will call the nice guys in white jackets with tazers and straight jackets.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kottke_35 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:49 am

Ok I thought I was missing something here. disregard.

A long as you ain't running with then scissors you'll be fine. :? Lol

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:20 am

I did a wiki search on 9mm shooting records. They only have Olympic Shooting stats. But if you create your own page you can post your groups and they will be record untill someone else try's to one up it. My uncles camp 9 is very accurate, and killed 100lb hog at 100 yards. Guinness only does timed records not individual group size. Could be chance for new catagory in world records.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby wildcatter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Ok Guys, maybe I didn't make myself very clear.

I don't need ballistics or load data (but I do appreciate that data) and trust me the energies of a 9mm Luger has nothing that parallels what I'm doing.

What I do however need is what are the World Class accuracy numbers for the 9mm. I'm not concerned if the bullet is on a rifle or pistol case. In fact, a rifle case might give far better numbers. What I'm trying to verify is, are the groups I posted a record breakers Y/N?? As far as my own research goes, they seem to be.

I mentioned the 357 Herrett, because .357 is close to .355 (9mm) and the Herrett has been a serious competition weapon, but getting numbers for the Herrett has been problematic, because, the records are declared in how many silhouette kills and at the various ranges, as opposed to actual group (MOA) sizes at 100 and or 200yds.

Also, I see accuracy results for the 9mm luger being 1-4" MOA @ 25 YARDS, which equates to 4"-16" groups at 100yds and this seems to be pretty standard.

What I'm looking for are actual accuracy numbers, that we deal with, in regards to which bullet is more accurate, in our beloved 450b. MOA is our best measure of accuracy and we can use that number in so many different ways.

I hope this clears up any of my misspoken Meanings.

Until we get verification, I say these two consecutive groups, that together averaged 1.013" MOA, are the new World's Record, for this caliber.

Maybe and Maybe not???

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 pm

before shooting that hog, the camp nine hit water bottle at 100 yards with cheap fedral ammo every time. sorry dont remember weight of round. Thats a great group T and i would be hard pressed to match it but im going shooting soon and will give it a try. i think my pa has a long barrel 9mm some where.
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah, same here. We will see what we can do with the PC 9. but for 200 I will have to use a scope.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05 pm

While winding down my vacation here in Virginia, I thought I'd give a try at searching for an answer to Tim's question. The best I could come up with was a blog entry about a story about a .38 cal pistol event:

"Posted by Don Nygord on March 02, 2001 at 12:07:49: Sorry this is posted so long after the original thread regarding semi-autos vs revolvers in the Center Fire match, but TD Smith was traveling and only got back to me today. I shot with TD several times and heard the story from him many years ago, but not trusting my memory, I called the old warrior, wanting the information to come direct from the "shooter's mouth" considering how certain some of the posters were about what he used. Here are his words: "Don, the pistol in question was a Colt 38 Super that Jimmy Clark converted to .38 special for me in 1959. It shot a Federal loading of .38 Special wad cutter that bench rested 1.3 inches at 50 yards. Lou Willing (Air Force gunsmith) went to Brazil with me and kept it in excellent shape. Down to the last 5 shots and there were 3 World Records on the line. I know you are aware of what goes through your mind as you punch those last 5 rounds into the magazine! What got me through was remembering Ad Topperwein who taught me to shoot as a boy. I shot those last 5 "for Ad". " Well, this won't put the argument of revolvers vs semi-autos to rest but at least we know what TD used. By the way, I tied the US record on the old target with 598 (299/299) with a long slide Colt conversion to .38 special I built for myself and won the Pan Am gold with a .32 Erma. So there's two votes for semi-autos! Don"
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:55 pm

The important part of my previous post: " the pistol in question was a Colt 38 Super that Jimmy Clark converted to .38 special for me in 1959. It shot a Federal loading of .38 Special wad cutter that bench rested 1.3 inches at 50 yards. "
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic