Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Thread moved to off topic.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Great news from Freedom Group/Bushmaster

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:More s'mores en route.
And it's been 3 years since I had a raise. And I don't have the luxury of a union.

Like you (I assume), not all Public Service agency workers are represented by collective bargaining units. I am not either, but I benefit from the trickle down that is negotiated on behalf of the unionized members of other departments in the Sheriff's Office here. Our state came up short the past few years and everyone who works for a municipal government is expected to share in trying to get the state back in the black. It's just the right thing to do and we all accept it. they didn't have any trouble finding their wallets to fund a new Vikings Stadium though, right on top of a perfectly functional one no less!

At the Sheriffs Office, to avoid layoffs, everyone had to take 10 working days off w/o pay the past three years. This we do, to help one another keep our jobs. Again, it's just the right thing to do. At least our health care only went up to $500/month with $40.00 copays each visit. So much for cushy benefits. Still, we are blessed.

My heart goes out to folks who don't have a job through no fault of their own, or worse, the working poor. The only thing they have for certain is an uncertain future. I consider myself fortunate. I don't have much time to indulge in the assigning blame game. My wife sure does though. Don't make me sig her on you!

"We have met the enemy and they are us" ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 pm

I work for a municipality and the state of Texas issues my license. I am responsible for public health in a very big way. I treat waste water. Clean Water is the source for all human life and other life as well. I have a dangerous job as I regularly expose myself to not only chemical and industrial hazards, I am also exposed to biological health hazards. We get directly exposed to whatever john Q public decides to release into our waste water collection system. On top of that, waste water presents its own little surprises beyond biological by creating dangerous gasses such as Hydrogine Sulfide and CO2 and Methane. We don't have the luxury of a union. Is luxury even an appropriate term? Texas is a right to work state.
I haven't had a raise in 3 years. To be precise, we had a little 2% raise in October but then they turned around and hiked up our health insurance premiums 20% and bumped up our copays too so it basically canceled out the raise and made it more like a pay cut. Insurance went up due to the insurance company anticipating Obamneycare. Lovely.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:More s'mores en route.
And it's been 3 years since I had a raise. And I don't have the luxury of a union.

Like you (I assume), not all Public Service agency workers are represented by collective bargaining units. I am not either, but I benefit from the trickle down that is negotiated on behalf of the unionized members of other departments in the Sheriff's Office here. Our state came up short the past few years and everyone who works for a municipal government is expected to share in trying to get the state back in the black. It's just the right thing to do and we all accept it. they didn't have any trouble finding their wallets to fund a new Vikings Stadium though, right on top of a perfectly functional one no less!

At the Sheriffs Office, to avoid layoffs, everyone had to take 10 working days off w/o pay the past three years. This we do, to help one another keep our jobs. Again, it's just the right thing to do. At least our health care only went up to $500/month with $40.00 copays each visit. So much for cushy benefits. Still, we are blessed.

My heart goes out to folks who don't have a job through no fault of their own, or worse, the working poor. The only thing they have for certain is an uncertain future. I consider myself fortunate. I don't have much time to indulge in the assigning blame game. My wife sure does though. Don't make me sig her on you!

"We have met the enemy and they are us" ;)

Hoot

Ok, Ok, I get it!! I feel my big toe being twisted in the dreaded, Australian-Toe-Clincher, U-N-C-L-E !!!!

wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:25 pm

So, then, back on topic, I would guess they may have a strategy here. They raised their price to keep direct purchases down so they could ship back orders and catch up?

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I bet the pricing will come down once the back-order market is filled.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:03 pm

BillytheKid wrote:So, then, back on topic, I would guess they may have a strategy here. They raised their price to keep direct purchases down so they could ship back orders and catch up?

Wishful thinking perhaps, but I bet the pricing will come down once the back-order market is filled.

Bill

Someone pass the castor oil. Bushmaster is starting to crawl in my stomach.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm

BillytheKid wrote:So, then, back on topic, I would guess they may have a strategy here. They raised their price to keep direct purchases down so they could ship back orders and catch up?

Bill

I rather fancy that their behavior is a manifestation of the old business tenet that "you make hay while the sun shines." Demand is far outstripping supply in the firearms industry right now. The time to tease the marks onto the hook is past and it's time to just slow the boat enough for them to jump into it. Just like gasoline. As soon as some fool declares that the economy is showing signs of life, they know they can suck a little harder on the host. Local gas prices went up 23 cents a gallon overnight, yesterday. Not just one or two stations. All of them went up to exactly the same amount. What are you gonna do, take your business elsewhere? If you have to drive to get to your work, to feed and clothe your family, they own you. Don't bother writing your congressman. Who do you think contributed to their election coffers? Besides, the government can't do anything for us. They tried that back in the 70's. I still remember sitting in line for hours, or pulling up behind the "Last Car" sign and hoping I had enough to get to the next station. They sure taught us who's driving the bus.

At least firearms are not essential for me to work and make a living for my family. I can always say "That's enough for now."

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bushmeister » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:19 am

Maybe they are just preparing for the tax time "sale" :D ... just kidding, I have to agree with the theory if you're backordered, and working overtime, you raise the price to either get caught up, or make more money while you can.
bushmeister

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

Here's another shocker. Barnes was bought out by Freedom Group.
I did not know that. I'm not pleased.
In this link as you read, it comes to light and later confirmed by a Barnes
Rep that Freedom Group now owns Barnes too.
http://www.barnesbullets.com/blog/2011/ ... x-bullets/
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 am

Barnes Bullets was bought out by Freedom Group??? That is NOT A GOOD THING!!! Someone should email Barnes and see if they're still answering their customers... :( :( :(
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic