Giving Thanks

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Giving Thanks

Postby HillBilly » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 am

Dont forget to stop for a moment and give thanks to all of those who make/made it possible for us to do what we do and be what we are...

HillBilly

And thanks to WildCatter for the 450 and the team behind .450bushmaster.net ;)
If you build it they will come, If I build it... I'll take the damn thing home!
HillBilly

Re: Giving Thanks

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:40 am

:) Amen brother... Thank God and the US soldier! 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Hoot » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 am

MOUNTIN DU wrote::) Amen brother... Thank God and the US soldier! 8-)

Happy Thanksgiving. Grilling marinated backstrap medallions outside. Currently up to +6 deg F. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm

Happy Turkey day to everyone.
God Bless our Warriors all over the world.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:58 pm

May God bless our Troops!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Siringo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:16 pm

This is the first Thanksgiving Day proclamation given by President George Washington. 1789. It was lost for 130 years and finally made it to the national archives in 1921.

George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation

Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me to "recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.
Siringo

Postby wildcatter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 am

Siringo wrote:This is the first Thanksgiving Day proclamation given by President George Washington. 1789. It was lost for 130 years and finally made it to the national archives in 1921.

George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3d day of October, A.D. 1789.

You're very welcomed HillBilly, the credit goes to our Heavenly Father and Siringo's post more than amply suggests, where our thanks should always go. Not to overly quote this, but it remains true..It took God, Guns, and Guts, to make men Free, in that order!

I personal have much to be thankful for, God nows it and so do I. Being numbered among so many fine men, as you are here, is the apex of my career. Thanks Guys..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BayouBob » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Don't let the democrats see that; they'll want to declare it hate speech!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Return to Off Topic