Girlfriend mistaken for hog?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Girlfriend mistaken for hog?

Postby bushmeister » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Pretty poor hunter education and a sad story, but the headline is pretty funny... I'm guessing she wasn't much of a "looker"! http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fl ... 04311.html
bushmeister

Re: Girlfriend mistaken for hog?

Postby Wicked Hunter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 am

Yup the're out there. That's why i dont hunt state ground to often. You never know who's walking around out there.
Wicked Hunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:09 am

Never take Rosie Odonnell hunting.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 am

It's being very hard to be silent and thought a fool, rather than open my mouth and remove all doubt... Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:56 am

That's what you call a sound shot - hear a sound and shoot at it. Not recommended practice for responsible hunting. This guy violated one of the most important rules of hunting. Had nothing to do with how his girlfriend looked - could have been Angelina Jolie out there, but of course, in that case and if it were me, I wouldn't have been hunting :twisted: .
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby BayouBob » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 am

What an idiot he was. Even after decades of hunter education and emphasis on safety there are still a lot of guys who have no business in the woods with a gun. The poor lady will probably have life altering damage due to his stupidity. That said, If it had been me in the woods with Angelina Jolie I would have been hoping the hogs ate her!
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Jeez, what an idiot! "Know your target, and what's behind it!" was one of the very first rules of gun safety beaten into my mind by my grandpa when he started my cousins and me on our first "real" guns. WTF was with this guy? :shock:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bushmeister » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:08 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Jeez, what an idiot! "Know your target, and what's behind it!" was one of the very first rules of gun safety beaten into my mind by my grandpa when he started my cousins and me on our first "real" guns. WTF was with this guy? :shock:

Yes, it's got to be in the top 3 along with "treat every gun as if it were loaded", and point in a safe direction. I've passed on some nice bucks due to the "what's behind it" possibility.
bushmeister

Postby jamesgang » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:21 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Jeez, what an idiot! "Know your target, and what's behind it!" was one of the very first rules of gun safety beaten into my mind by my grandpa when he started my cousins and me on our first "real" guns. WTF was with this guy? :shock:

Or the main rule in defensive shooting, shoot for center mass and you don't stop shooting till the threat has stopped.
jamesgang

Return to Off Topic