NRA Life Memberships Deal you can't Refuse.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: NRA Life Memberships Deal you can't Refuse.

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:48 pm

B swift wrote:I'm gifting my AR style 5.56 to my daughter along with some instruction in it's use, care and proper maintenance. I'm sending it and several hundred rounds home with her. Seems like the right season to lighten my load.

I'll be praying she never needs to use it in close combat or self defense but at least I know she'll have a fighting chance to protect my grand kids . :)

Or she will have to make the decision to surrender it, when the "assualt rifle confiscation" law goes into effect, or to register it for later confiscation. I am not optimistic that whatever VP Joe and his commission come up with will be as mild as an assault weapon ban based on some cosmetic features, like last time, or limiting mags to 10 rounds and grandfathering the weapons in existence prior to the ban.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby B swift » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:
B swift wrote:I'm gifting my AR style 5.56 to my daughter along with some instruction in it's use, care and proper maintenance. I'm sending it and several hundred rounds home with her. Seems like the right season to lighten my load.

I'll be praying she never needs to use it in close combat or self defense but at least I know she'll have a fighting chance to protect my grand kids . :)

Or she will have to make the decision to surrender it, when the "assualt rifle confiscation" law goes into effect, or to register it for later confiscation. I am not optimistic that whatever VP Joe and his commission come up with will be as mild as an assault weapon ban based on some cosmetic features, like last time, or limiting mags to 10 rounds and grandfathering the weapons in existence prior to the ban.

Yes, true and I fear giving her the CA legal 10 rd mags and single point sling will make her a felon soon enough! Today this is perfectly legal, tomorrow maybe not? God forbid they consider it a SNIPER weapon because I screwed a Nikon BDC to it>? Seriously? I encouraged her to invest in a laser sight and getting her own CCW & pistol. Of course a bayonet is not legal but her knives are still a good back up considering the eskrima/ kali instruction she's had.
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:03 am

B swift wrote:
Jim in Houston wrote:
B swift wrote:I encouraged her to invest in a laser sight and getting her own CCW & pistol. Of course a bayonet is not legal but her knives are still a good back up considering the eskrima/ kali instruction she's had.

My daughter has her pistol, but has stubbornly refused to get her CHL - it's not on her priority list despite a lot of nagging from dad. Her boyfriend gave her a Gurka Kukri for self defense. It weighs about five pounds and could certainly do some damage. Don't think it has much of a standoff capability though.
Attachments
nepalese gurka kukri.jpg
nepalese gurka kukri.jpg (37.33 KiB) Viewed 14773 times
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:26 pm

-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Before his first run as Senator, guys in my circles, had unearth a plot to end National Elections and crown Obama, God and Savior for ever. Guess they were right and the worst is yet to come..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 am

-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:20 am

that was painless
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am

Basically, he's deputizing doctors to find out who has guns. All those other executive orders were either redundant BS or self administered palm stimulation.
But beware.
Watch the other hand.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 am

wildcatter wrote:Before his first run as Senator, guys in my circles, had unearth a plot to end National Elections and crown Obama, God and Savior for ever. Guess they were right and the worst is yet to come..

..t

And Inauguration hasnt even started yet

Just browsing my paper here, whoa!!
CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Postby helidude350 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:39 am

Which paper?
Who is the a$$hole that wrote it!?!?
helidude350

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic