50BMG

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

50BMG

Postby gunnut » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:04 am

Saturday, I had the privlege of shooting the Barrett 82A1! 50BMG. My 1st thoughts were, "OH God, This is going to hurt!" No recoil pad,oven mite,femine napkin, Nothing!. But, No! Just shoved me back about 6 inches! No pain what so ever! Just a push! Not a sudden shock! I went down range to recover a few rounds. When I got there, I realised that shooting into a wet muddy burm and it kicks up dust! I'm going to need a back hoe to find any! 1 shot Made for a very great day! P.S. DO NOT stand within 6ft of the side of this thing. Always behind the shooter!
gunnut

Re: 50BMG

Postby YoteAddict » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 pm

Shooting the 50 BMG the first time was quite an experience for me too (also using the semi-auto Barrett). We had an open bag of pretzels and an unopened bag of BBQ chips on the table to the right of our shooting table. The muzzle blast from one round blew the bag of pretzels off of the table, spilling them onto the ground. I went to pick them up and discovered that the Barrett can also open a bag of chips. The muzzle blast opened the bag of BBQ chips right through the middle of the bag. It is sickening fun...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Return to Off Topic