The Point of No Return

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: The Point of No Return

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

The question to ask is, "What will be your response, when a fully kitted out SWAT team breaks down your door to search for "illegal" weapons? And if it is not your house, how will you and like minded supporters of the Second Amendment conduct a respectful protest. Who will tell you? Who will lead you? Who is willing to be arrested and find or jailed for interfering with law enforcement officers.

The governement is already conducting full bore SWAT raids on people suspected of selling unpastuerized milk, involved in a law suit with the federal government at a bottled water plant, behind in their student loans, or unaware that their estranged spouse was suspected in a fraud case. There are paramilitary police units in the Departments of Education, Agriculture, Health and Human Services, and the FDA, to name a few. Read the following and ask, how would I repond and what will be the force employed by the government, when firearms in civilian hands are involved?

There may be a test case in New York State, as many have vowed disobey the law to register their arms or dispose of their illegal magazines. Such a campaign of disobedience and the exhorbitant cost of the system doomed Canada's effort to register long guns in a computerized database. Can we be successful here?
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

My response is not relavent nor is it descreet to discuss. I'm not singling out any one of you and demanding an answer. I am asking a question that I'm sure has occasionally, yet frightfully, passed through all of our nightmares.
Now is not the time to be engaging in the turpidtuity of playing devils' advocate. Leave that activity for lawyers and liberals. Besides, people who play devils' advocate creep me out.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 am

Another guy who gets it....
Freedom of Speech, ladies and gentlemen.
http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/ ... -everybody
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Another guy who gets it....
Freedom of Speech, ladies and gentlemen.
http://www.michaelzwilliamson.com/blog/ ... -everybody

Great link!

This fellow has managed to put into words a lot of the discussions I've had with myself recently while walking the dog each evening. The dog, largely agrees with me, but he's a suck up. My wife, on the other hand, has discovered yet another way to send me packing for the workshop by spending her evenings shooting up the news coverage of every gun crime, that occurred that day. Boy they just keep zeroing in on the cash cows.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jeepejeep » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 am

I'm right there with ya, Robin!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:45 pm

Does it bother you like it does me, that these ammo MFGs are willingly starving civilians of ammo and components in favor of DHS orders of billions of rounds of ammo that might possibly be used against American Civilians?
This question needs to be circulated so that everyone can ponder the intentions of our corrupt government and also to call the ammo manufactures to account for their actions as well.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Does it bother you like it does me, that these ammo MFGs are willingly starving civilians of ammo and components in favor of DHS orders of billions of rounds of ammo that might possibly be used against American Civilians?
This question needs to be circulated so that everyone can ponder the intentions of our corrupt government and also to call the ammo manufactures to account for their actions as well.

IMHO, I think you are taking this too personal. The shark does eat you because he doesn't like you. He eats you because he's hungry for food and you just happen to be the current means to an end. If I'm a manufacturer and one customer says fill 100 boxcars with as much of your product as you can and I'll take them every 6 months. Or, do I hire sufficient staff and the burden rate that comes with them to process smaller orders for distributors and merchants? Profits drive decisions of successful manufacturers. Now, if my manufacturing capacity exceeds firm contractual commitments for large lots, then I will consider investing in the necessary staff to process that excess capacity, even if my profit margin is lower but still on the plus side of the curve.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 pm

It's not that I'm taking it personal, but then again, maybe we should be. And I'm also, not keen on suggesting that they expand. But I am concerned that the ammo manufacturers have either been lured into or knowingly entered into a contract with the very customer that may be planning to eradicate the civilian market all together.
In the bigger picture, Brass, Copper, Lead, Powder, and primers.... All are being diverted away from civilians and being used to fill orders and hoarded by DHS. This is indeed, back door gun control. People are wondering why they can't even find 22LR ammo. Why? Because the raw materials are being diverted to produce the stuff that DHS is hoarding. Brass, Lead Copper and the compounds to make primers.
And what concerns me most is that the munitions MFGs seem to not care that they are starving the civilian markets. It's as if the ammo MFGs have written off the civilians...The People, and instead sold their souls to this corrupt government. You are right, however... These munitions MFGs seem to be more concerned about the dollar than the security of a free state.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Hornady posted a press release a few days ago that stated that less than 5% of their output was to fill government contracts. I think all the cartridge components are being diverted from the reloading market to make complete cartridges. I know the government put out a massive order for delivery over the next five (or 10?) years, but it was still a small percentage of industry capacity.

I'm not seeing the black helicopters, the guys on the grassy knoll, or Dick Cheney sneaking into the World Trade Center with a box of C4.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Here's some guys that get it!!
This is what I'm talking about!!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... ns-For-You
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext