Dura Coat Camo

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Dura Coat Camo

Postby MADONE64 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:07 am

Hello all,
Im new to the site, thanks for all the great info on an awesome firearm.

Has anyone had any experience with dura coat camo finishing, or 7.62 precision camo jobs in particular??
Thinking of sending my .450 up to them for a custom copperhead snake camo job. (It looks cool, and kind of like the Snake-bushmaster tie in) ;)
Any info good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks, MADONE
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
MADONE64

Re: Dura Coat Camo

Postby MudBug » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:36 am

I've used Duracoat and KG Gunkote, both products are great Most of my use has been single color stuff like Black on an AK kit reciever and barrel.

I have done one camo job with duracoat though.

Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby MADONE64 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:00 am

GREAT LOOKING PIECE!!!!!, Hope mine turns out half as good.

Does it wear as well as they claim!!
MADONE64

Postby wildcatter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:21 pm

MADONE64 wrote:Hello all,
Im new to the site, thanks for all the great info on an awesome firearm.

Has anyone had any experience with dura coat camo finishing, or 7.62 precision camo jobs in particular??
Thinking of sending my .450 up to them for a custom copperhead snake camo job. (It looks cool, and kind of like the Snake-bushmaster tie in) ;)
Any info good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks, MADONE

Hey, Welcome aboard MADONE...

Love it and I will say it again, you'all need to plug into the YouTube.com stuff, if you want to learn how to install a fule pump on a Saturn 5 Moon rocket, you can rest assured someone did it and has posted it on the YouTube. I watched a couple, that did really cool Digital Camo as well. So here ya go, for all you DIY guys..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIUpl4gpW-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzvaak8yuHQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMtAsQu2Jw&NR=1
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MudBug » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:07 pm

MADONE64 wrote:GREAT LOOKING PIECE!!!!!, Hope mine turns out half as good.

Does it wear as well as they claim!!

Yeah, pretty much.

The only place I've seen wear is at the muzzle/crown on any of the barrels I have painted. I think the high speed gas cuts the paint off.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby 2zero6 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 pm

MADONE64 - If I wer to refininsh any of my guns (If enough money fell out of the sky) all exterior finishes would be Duracoat, I really like the ACU pattern. All interior coatings would be NP3 from Robar. If you got the money and or the time to do the Duracoat you won't be dissappointed, I have only heard great things about it.

P.S. - Hey Wildcatter I guess great minds think alike. The first link you posted is fron Nutnfancy, he was the first Youtube channel I subscribed to. He has some very well put together reviews, check out his AR vs. AK reviews.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:03 am

2zero6 wrote:MADONE64 - If I wer to refininsh any of my guns (If enough money fell out of the sky) all exterior finishes would be Duracoat, I really like the ACU pattern. All interior coatings would be NP3 from Robar. If you got the money and or the time to do the Duracoat you won't be dissappointed, I have only heard great things about it.

P.S. - Hey Wildcatter I guess great minds think alike. The first link you posted is fron Nutnfancy, he was the first Youtube channel I subscribed to. He has some very well put together reviews, check out his AR vs. AK reviews.

10-4 Good Buddy..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 pm

:? If I have my 20" fluted... will the Duracoat finish be all that's needed to protect the white metal? ...or do I need to prep before application of the Duracoat?
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby MADONE64 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

The 450 leaves monday morning bound for 7.62 Precision in Alaska. Going to coat the whole thing in copperhead camo. Rifle, scope, mags, the whole nine yards.
I'll try to post some pics when i get it back. (If i can figure out how) Cant wait!!!! Hope 6 weeks goes by fast!!!
MADONE64

Postby MudBug » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 pm

MADONE64 wrote:The 450 leaves monday morning bound for 7.62 Precision in Alaska. Going to coat the whole thing in copperhead camo. Rifle, scope, mags, the whole nine yards.
I'll try to post some pics when i get it back. (If i can figure out how) Cant wait!!!! Hope 6 weeks goes by fast!!!

There is no try, only do.

If you can't figure it out just PM me and I'll help. I want to see this.
Eric

MudBug
Site Admin

Next

Return to Off Topic