Gun Safe Recommendation Wanted

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Gun Safe Recommendation Wanted

Postby Jim in Houston » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I am finally going to spring for a gun safe. I need a small one for a few rifles and accessories. I would like it to be a fireproof model fire tested to at least 30 minutes. I have been looking at the Gardall GF series and the American Security TF series (which may be the same models, since the numers and dimensions are the same, e.g. TF5517 and GF5517, both 55x18x16).

Does anyone have any recommendations on manufacturer, model, and where is the best place to buy one?
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Re: Gun Safe Recommendation Wanted

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:24 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:I am finally going to spring for a gun safe. I need a small one for a few rifles and accessories. I would like it to be a fireproof model fire tested to at least 30 minutes. I have been looking at the Gardall GF series and the American Security TF series (which may be the same models, since the numers and dimensions are the same, e.g. TF5517 and GF5517, both 55x18x16).

Does anyone have any recommendations on manufacturer, model, and where is the best place to buy one?

Check out Tractor Supply. Their sales price used to be the best. Not sure now.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/search/safes
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby paulmark3010 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:52 pm

I recommend somewhere in Houston. I bought my Browning at Bass Pro in Katy. You may need to get someone to move it. 281.734.7385 That is the number to a professional gun safe mover. He moved mine from Bass Pro to our 1st house in Spring. Then he moved that 850 lb safe to the second floor of our present home. :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 am

Academy has some pretty nice safes. But I gotta admit, it might be a good idea to run down to Lowes and pick up one of those heavy duty appliance dollies with the strap. I bought one when I got my safe and it's been one of the most used devices in my tool arsenal. My kin folks and friends borrow it all the time.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby helidude350 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:25 pm

So Paul ,
You're the reason me and Jim can't find any ammo....
;)
helidude350

Return to Off Topic