And now for something completely different

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

And now for something completely different

Postby Hoot » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:50 pm

I got an email this evening from one of our fellow thumper sites. Thought you'd all appreciate this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond556.com Forum

You may be wondering "Who is Beyond556.com?". This is not spam, but you are a member on our forum.

As of December 15, 2010 the http://www.50beowulf.com Forum has expanded into a new website and forum has been opened at the domain http://www.beyond556.com

Why this change?

Over the past 5 years, many new cartridge options have been created including but not limited to the 450 bushmaster, 30 Remington AR and now the 300 AAC Blackout all with major brand support and submission to SAAMI.

As such, the options for the AR-15 beyond 5.56 caliber have taken a major step forward past wildcat or proprietary cartridges limited to one or very few companies.

As the market and options grow, we are also expanding. The old forum dedicated to big bore is now the first discussion forum dedicated to ALL of the AR-15 cartridge variants available to the consumer from ALL manufacturers.

If not a member, we invite you to join in our enjoyable and information loaded forum (pun intended). At beyond556.com you can expect a healthy discussion by consumers as well as industry professionals. We have plans to release some very useful tutorials, guides and data in early 2011, so stay tuned.

Please take notice and update any appropriate bookmark or favorite places in your browsers. You will find that there are many redirects in the shooting community pointing you to the new forum. Some of these redirects are ARvariant.com, the458socom.com, ar15variant.com, bigboreAR15.com, 50beowulf.com, and M4variant.com.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us at Beyond556.com.

Lars | Beyond556.com
Site Administrator

---------------------------------------------------

I for one don't feel compelled to demonize the other guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Looks to me like they are just trying to keep up their readership by broadening their scope. Before I decided upon which thumper caliber I would go with, I had joined all three of the big bore AR forums. Believe it or not, I had reserved a .50 Beowulf Overwatch with the 24" barrel. I just needed to close the deal. Fortunately for me, I got an ounce of patience and continued reading more about the ballistics of each caliber. The availability and diversity of .452 bullet offerings along with the parent case being .284 was what changed my mind. No regrets either.

My new years resolution is to continue pursuing .284 brass, despite the additional preparation needed. I really need to order a .446 reamer as I did not have good luck fire-forming like Jeff does. With four feet of snow outside now and a long way to go this winter, it's time to get busy for next year's shooting season.

Lest I forget, Merry Christmas to all and may 2011 be better than 2010 for everyone.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to Off Topic