Off topic...buying components

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Off topic...buying components

Postby tbirdman74 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

commander faschisto wrote:What price gouging? Check this out: http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/centuri ... 35906.html

Edit: Even "better"...http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal ... 12251.html

Holy Crap! That's more than I've been paying for the 525 bricks... I've been picking up ammo a couple boxes at a time where the wife works, and with her 25% discount it makes it worth my while.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:31 pm

tbirdman74 wrote:
commander faschisto wrote:What price gouging? Check this out: http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/centuri ... 35906.html

Edit: Even "better"...http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal ... 12251.html

Holy Crap! That's more than I've been paying for the 525 bricks... I've been picking up ammo a couple boxes at a time where the wife works, and with her 25% discount it makes it worth my while.

Shoot, my wife works for a law firm. Somebody sue me, please! ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:32 am

Some good news: This place lists quite a few Hornady boolits in stock for the 450b diameters: http://www.thegunsandgearstore.com/relo ... ilter_id=5
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby BD1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

A word to the wise. When you find a gun and load that works, buy the components in bulk when they go on sale. Every time we get some crazy ideas about gun control getting play in DC, we will see this reaction. A year later prices will come back down and a lot of this stuff will get sold for more realistic prices at yard sales. That's the time to stock up. Right now you are competing with a lot of folks who really aren't shooters, they are just buying whatever they can get, "Just in case" or to scalp it back at a profit. I went to the local, (45 miles away), gun show last weekend and prices were pretty normal for everything but .22 rf and .223 ammo. No primers or powder though. 550 packs of .22rf were going for $60. Just for fun I stopped by the local WalMart on my way back into the woods. Not much on the shelves, but the clerk told me they were getting the same shipments in they always get. The line forms at 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning, they start sales at 7:00, and are sold out of .22rf and .223 by 7:30. Their price for the Federal 550 pack is still 21.95 for as long as it lasts.
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby tbirdman74 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:20 pm

BD, I hear ya. Gun show this weekend, 22lr was going for 75-100 bucks for 525-555 packs. 223 was averaging a dollar to dollar fiftya round. It was disgusting. I need some 1680 powder, and flat out refused to pay 250 bucks for a eight pounder. I did splurge on a brick of remmy 71/2s for 40 bucks and six magpul anti-tilt followers for 13 bucks. There were a few other bargains to be had, if I hadn't already had a closet full of the same components. Guess my powder search will continue.
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby Hoot » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 pm

The local Fleet Farm store regularly has Winchester Q3131 for $9.99/box

Unfortunately, you have to fight your way through the local scalpers when the doors open, like it's Black Friday. They're the ones who scarf it up, along with the 250ct boxes of 9mm and 45 ACP. By lunch time, they have it listed on Armslist or GB for 75-100% markup and the lemmings gladly pay that much for it. We can still get 525 bricks of 22 LR for about $19.00, but the same scalping happens with it also.

A local group of us try to buy it before the scalpers learn about it coming in. We then turn around and and sell it to the locals at cost or cost plus a gallon of gas for picking it up. It's a philanthropic endeavor, but it affords a warm feeling to help locals get some of the good prices and thwart the soul-less scalpers. I bet I've gone through 400 rounds of Q3131 in the past two weeks. I don't have a dog in the fight because I only shoot reloads. It just frosts me to see this reprehensible behavior "for the love of money". We are better than this!

Local ammo should be for the locals! :evil:

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Re: Off topic..Hog Hammer Ammo

Postby go2boats » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:43 am

[b]"The 450 Bushmaster should be hitting the shelves in late Spring or early Summer if all stays according to schedule. Thank you."

This is the answer from Remington as to when the Hog Hammer Ammo will be available for the 450....wrote to them a while ago .....been so long I forgot...
Good news is they answered.....
go2boats

Previous

Return to Off Topic