Off topic...buying components

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Off topic...buying components

Postby go2boats » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm

I"ve been trying to order some shells....bullets...ammo.......all on the "notify me" mode with Midway since they are always out and no backorder.....for a couple of months now...

Got notified sometime in the middle of the night...by 05:00 they were gone......just now I got notified 4 minutes after the email was sent....went on the midway site and they are already sold out......what the heck...???? Is this for real....?? 4 minutes and I'm to late.....anyone else out there have the same trouble...?? Are people just buying as much as they can of everything......??? Just venting here...! ! ! But curious......
go2boats

Re: Off topic...buying components

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Your impressions of panic hoarding are entirely correct...and will not stop until the gun control foolishness in DC is settled, one way or another. The manufacturers I've contacted all say they're going flat-out, basically 24/7 and can't fill all their orders. What does get filled goes empty in minutes, sometimes seconds. You might as well sit back and relax...this is going to go on for an indefinite period until the secession movement gets serious and reestablishes an American republic.

Edit: Just for "fun" I went to Bud's Gun Shop website to look for some in-stock ammo, and found several examples like this: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... Steel+Shot
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 am

Ammo is finally starting to flow again up here, but local forum members who travel have reported next to nothing in Las Vegas and Omaha recently. If you're talking 450b specific components, good luck with that. Niche calibers are being edged out for production of more ubiquitous ones. Bought 10 boxes of Win Q3131 last Friday at the local fleet farm at $.50/round to frustrate the local retired scalpers. They drive around in the mornings during the work day with their wives and scarf up stuff to resell on Armslist or Gunbroker at 50-75% markup. I turned around and sold the Q3131 to a struggling college student for my cost. Lot of locals with souls are doing that to express our outrage at the scalpers. Kind of an altruistic ammo bank. We're not supposed to be taking advantage of one another, in a time of need, for the love of money. I don't know if it's just a MN thing or if its catching on nationwide. The scalping has to stop! Yes, some were hoarding out of fear of the unknown, but most of the hoarders around here have topped off their larders.

Nice to see unsold ARs on the racks again in some stores.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:08 am

Gun stores in Houston (Carter Country, Bass Pro Shops, Walmart, Academy to my personal knowledge) are getting limited shipments of ammo. They are generally restricting purchases to 1 box per day, so scalpers have to put out a real effort to accumulate a quantity of ammo. Aside from that, stocks that come in in the morning are gone by noon. Ask me how I know.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Nosparks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Theres a gun store in Newberry Florida, their big sign on highway 26 says "AR PACKAGES $1550 plus 500 rounds of ammo!!". And they have a few on the shelf! If you really need something get out of the big cities, hit the little towns. Those are the places that still have products and will even after the zombie appocolyps! Bass Pro in Davie and Orland are generally empty on reloading stuff except for a ton of 6mm bullets and odd brass or wads. Ammo is one week pistol next week rifle and never any 22LR but a ton of .17, forget Gander mountain for reloading they just dont carry anything (at least in Orlando). And the scavengers sit out side Gander every thursday moring like its the eve of black friday. So they can get in and snatch the shippment before it gets to the shelf :evil: Most of them look unemployeed and dont intend to get a job. But I will say this, I suspect that by August we will be through this and things will be back to normal. :|
Nosparks

Postby B swift » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Yep... The local ACE Hardware store here has craploads of .22 rimfire ammo. I understand there is a shortage of this in some places? Just never know I suppose>?
"A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand".
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca
B swift

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:11 am

B swift wrote:Yep... The local ACE Hardware store here has craploads of .22 rimfire ammo. I understand there is a shortage of this in some places? Just never know I suppose>?

Gee, I never thought to check ACE. I have accumulated 22 lr one box at a time over the past three weeks. Are you willing to buy a few boxes and ship them to me at cost? Send me a PM.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby commander faschisto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Last edited by commander faschisto on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bushmeister » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Nosparks wrote:Theres a gun store in Newberry Florida... :|

I've been in there and bought a half dozen boxes of .40 s&w there. There's also a great BBQ restaurant just down the block as well. ;)
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:49 pm

commander faschisto wrote:What price gouging? Check this out: http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/centuri ... 35906.html

Yeah, we won't forget..

..t

PS.. I just Scored 1300rds of 12 &20ga ammo from wally world. Suggestion, grab the stuff, that isn't locked up and take it to the front counters, where those girls have not been clued in that there is a 3 box maximum. The girls over the gun counter will definitely know about the limit.

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Next

Return to Off Topic