Recient Article

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Recient Article

Postby wildcatter » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 pm

You may have missed this, as I too have, but here it is..

..t

http://brycetowsley.com/hunting/hoggish-opinions/

This the 45105 Barnes bullet. Hoot and I and several others have been shooting this for several years now, or so. I would not call these "Bang-Flop" bullets at all. The Deer I have killed at two hundred yards, was more of a "SLAM-DUNK" kind of kill, I mean the train REALLY came all the way off the tracks, kind of kill..t

PSS.. use CONTROL + or CONTROL - to change the size of the picture..t

Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Recient Article

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:53 pm

This article just showed up on my FB Feed. LOL.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Love the article! And, the photo of the expanded slug comparisons is jaw-dropping....wow. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Remmy's Hog Hammer in 450b to see what it can do. 2175fps is not bad, but I'm sure we can explore bumping that up a bit... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 am

commander faschisto wrote:Love the article! And, the photo of the expanded slug comparisons is jaw-dropping....wow. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Remmy's Hog Hammer in 450b to see what it can do. 2175fps is not bad, but I'm sure we can explore bumping that up a bit... :)

Depends upon what barrel they used to produce that 2175fps. If that was the 16" then that's right at the sweet spot. From my experimenting that was using 43gr Lil Gun, loaded to 2.29 COL, aw just read here. Now if that 2175 was from a 20" or longer barrel, then they're low balling the load or not crimping (remember the green tips) them enough. I'm guessing WC put a bug in their ear on this load and they wrote down how to do them right this time.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:33 am

Yep..."remains to be seen" applies here, given their history. Hopefully, they listened to Daddy.... :)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 am

commander faschisto wrote:Yep..."remains to be seen" applies here, given their history. Hopefully, they listened to Daddy.... :)

Funny, I was thinking "Red-Headed Stepchild" but OK. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby bushmeister » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 am

Nice article. Hopefully it makes it to production..
bushmeister

Postby Hoot » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:56 am

bushmeister wrote:Nice article. Hopefully it makes it to production..

FWIW, Midway is predicting it in stock around Memorial Day. Then again, they do use the Mayan calendar. ;)

Hoot
Hoot

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:08 am

Yup I did put the bug in, but no matter what they did/do for the final won't be good enough for us.

But the real story is about the Pig Bomb and what's being done about it.

White Tail Deer are, at the moment, the King of Big Game animals to hunt in North America. It is predicted that Hog Hunting will eclipse Deer by a very large margin in the next 1-5 years. And even people who don't hunt want to eradicate them because of massive environmental problems, to many to list here. But I am told that our food costs are impacted by 3-10% now, just because of the Pig Bomb and predicted to go to as much as 50% in the years ahead. But, I digress, even those non-hunting folks are looking for the ultimate Hog Killer and this article defined it for them.

FYI, Remmy offers many Hog Hammers in lessor cartridges, but the Hog Hammer line is all about the 450 Bushmaster. As the article suggested, "Why" would you use ineffective cartridges, when the very Best is right there in front of you? (("".450 Bushmaster with the new Hog Hunter ammo and Barnes XPB bullets are just about perfect.""))

I tell you now, because of your work, and the respect you-all show each other, without all the vileness and profanity, as seen on the other channels, YOU have had a very big impact on the market, and I mean Directly!!

Now, let's see what else we can do..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Love the article! And, the photo of the expanded slug comparisons is jaw-dropping....wow. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of Remmy's Hog Hammer in 450b to see what it can do. 2175fps is not bad, but I'm sure we can explore bumping that up a bit... :)

I'll have to look at my notes tomorrow, but I think Hoot and I exceeded those speeds by quite a bit..Hoot??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Next

Return to Off Topic