Range Construction

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Range Construction

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:30 pm

So, I just got the following PM and it isn't the first..

howdy Tim,

I was watching your 9mm nato video, and checking out your "indoor" range.
I'm guessing that the triange hole houses the chronograph.

Some of my gun projects take awhile due to the need to find a suitable range since I currently live in a "suburb" type niegborhood.

I was wonder if you would post a thread with "wildcatters range construction"?

Maybe just hit a few of the high points or details. Dont let on the trade secrets or location of the Bat-cave ;)

I'm trying to figure something out for me to shoot at home without becoming a local news story myself, at least for function (or malfunction).

As for my comments:

You are looking at/in the Range-Lab.

Yup the triangle is for the Chronograph. Inside the hole is a triangular, 8', black tube is supported on the front end by the sound absorbing Foam in the window and the far side is supported by a cradle for the tube. The color Black is because I am using Infrared Sky-Lights. The windows are many in the lab, there is no better light than sunlight, but of course I have tons of artificial lights too. The tube is in one window and there are windows beside that one. You can see two windows on the drill press wall, they are covered with easily removable sound material, as are all the walls, ceiling and flooring. This is a true sound room, designed by me to keep the sound in. For I too have Good Neighbors, many hundreds of yards from me and I am interested in keeping them Good. The room itself is one large expansion chamber and this fact alone muffles the noise somewhat. The sound deadening material does the rest.

What I have built is a Large, Leagle, sound suppressor. I go over to my neighbors and I can't hear the shooting, from within..

..t

Guess I am going to have to take you guys on a video tour. I say video tour, because the last time the Dawg came over he ate everything in all of my refrigerators, looking for S'mores..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Range Construction

Postby helidude350 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:01 pm

;)
helidude350

Re: Range Construction

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:30 pm

BUUURP.........! :roll:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Off Topic