Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Hornady Restricts Production

Postby helidude350 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Good reason for your plate punchers ;)
helidude350

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:32 am

southernshiver wrote:Understood and I apologize for the outburst. and that video makes me sick. I've spent 33 months of my life deployed and a total of 8 years training myself and my soldiers, shed my own blood as well as our country's enemies, lost many friends in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting for America and what we stand for as a country. All immigrants that come to this country have one primary answer of why they want to be here "pursuit of happiness and opportunities". Myself, my friends, and my soldiers fight for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness not for someone to decide after over two centuries that they are wrong or misunderstood and that he should have the right to change or eliminate it. Illinois has the strictest gun laws in the US, yet Chicago has one of the highest gun related crimes in America. Wyoming and Montana have some of the most lenient gun laws and when was the last time that either of those two states was in the news for a gun related incident. It baffles me that a simpleton as myself can understand that we currently have laws against murder and robbery yet both of these still happen because criminals are not going to follow laws on paper. They will however respond to a trained certified teacher greeting that criminal that walks into their school with a wink and a bang. They will think twice before trying to run into a gas station knowing that the number of armed citizens have escalated to help individuals defend themselves. These people that want guns gone do not understand that the first time one of these guys come into a place where they are and harms a loved one they are going to beg someone with a gun to help, but in their support of heavy gun legislation no one will be able to do anything.

There ya go WC. Said better?

Shore Nuff, "Better Said" and Commander Faschisto, put that Flag Pole back up (For I want to stand with you, outside of your house one of these days and watch Old Glory Fly!), I assure you and your Brothers in Arms, DID NOT waste your time, we of the High Information Voter Faternity, of which you very well know (regardless of that video) are the sleeping majority, and will someday soon "Awaken" and revere in your TIME..

..t

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant." ..Isoroku Yamamoto
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby southernshiver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 pm

My flag will always be flown on my right arm and I will always stand with many friends against enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC!
- SouthernShiver
CS

"Don't die for your country. Let the sorry SOB on the other side die for his."
"Gain and maintain fire superiority!"
southernshiver

Postby Nosparks » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm

I fear that we the general public do not hear what is actually happening. For what most of the general public hears is from business run new agencies that thrive on hype. If it is not hyped up it does not hold the eyes of the public. It is boring and they will change stations to a less boring one or one with more sensationalized news. Yes I do believe the views and actions of the current government, not just the President affect us all and may not be what US gun owners want to hear. But to put all the blame on the President is wrong, you need a education in the structure of the US government if you think HE and HE alone will take away any of your constitutional rights. The President (Republican or Democrat) can only EXICUTE laws not create them. It is the House and Senate that creates laws, and only the Supreme Court that can judicate laws. Excitive orders can not remove the Bill of Rights and can not be acted upon without the financial backing of congress.
I believe it was Sheepdawg that said it earlier when he said " We need to roll the congress over in the next election", if we want this current stream of crap flow in another direction. And I hate to hear, see or read from our service men (current or former) that they feel they wasted their time in the service. For I believe you did not, no matter what happens. If it was not for you we would be a under the control of Empire of Japan, or Nazi Germany, or USSR, or Spain, or worst yet the King of England! And how many other nations of people would live under true tyranny with out our Military might protecting the inalienable rights GOD gave to all mankind?! Thank you for doing what I could not!
As a minority in this current political environment, I am what I call a conservative liberal. I feel there are to many hard liners in this country which make their personal views front line objectives. Which causes a panic on both sides of many issues. Issues that most, and I mean most American are not even concerned with. Whether it be Marijuana, Abortion, Gay Marriage or guns. Most everyday people have no connection or concern with one, some or all. But because of a few loud mouth opinionated people, the news media jumps on their train cause it makes a great story. And most of the general public if they have a view on one topic have no choice but to follow ( is say follow loosely) a person or group because the have the same view on only one subject. Yet that group is generally powerful or loud enough to voice a opinion on many. If your following what im trying to say stay with me. I hope and pray the majority is like my, don't care if your gay, don't care if you smoke pot, and don't care if you get an abortion (the liberal side of me). Because it DOES NOT directly affect me. But when it does we will have a problem, and that is why I have a problem with the gun debate it DIRECTLY affects me. Maybe I am being naïve about it but, prohibition failed and that took 13 years to be corrected. Prohibition on guns will never happen, it will cause the second US civil war guaranteed. And the people on the hill know that, no matter what political color they are.

You can ignore this slight alcoholic induced rambling, drinking is the only way I can get through the stupidity now days.
Nosparks

Postby southernshiver » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am

I feel that it has been said on here and many other locations that many feel, including myself in some ways, that the gun and second amendment hype has been some what of a ploy to cover many other government missteps. Those of us that serve or have served do not regret that we served. We do not hang our head because of shame or embarrassment of the flag that is and always will be on our right arm headed towards the fight. The bonds created, blood shed, and brothers/sisters met is an honor. Our heads shake at the arrogance and ignorance of a few and hope that the masses step back and look at the bigger picture so that they notice the picture may be in focus, but the frame tilted and needs to be righted. Will the Bill of Rights be changed? No, I agree it will not be allowed by the masses; and if it comes to another civil war its going to be a very one sided fight if one side doesn't believe in guns and the other side does :lol:

* These are my opinion and my opinions alone and in no way reflect the opinions or thoughts of any branch of the military. "we, us,etc..." is used as a generality.*
- SouthernShiver
CS

"Don't die for your country. Let the sorry SOB on the other side die for his."
"Gain and maintain fire superiority!"
southernshiver

Previous

Return to Off Topic