2013 Shooting Habits, How have you changed?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 2013 Shooting Habits, How have you changed?

Postby tbirdman74 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 am

I still check the forums every day, and read the wealth of information everyone posts, but as far as shooting goes, zilch this summer. No shortage of ammo, or components, or guns for that matter, the guy I work for decided to buy a hundred square miles of ranch land in eastern Montana so when the oil patch slows down, we go do a little ranching. I have done a lot of reloading, clearing out stashes of empty brass and old "I'll get to it" projects. Sooner or later, I have to get my trigger fix, I've got one solid day of load testing and sighting in new projects, then maybe two days of pleasure shooting with the family I need to do. Let me rephrase... the girls have new toys, and if they don't get to shoot them soon, I'm gonna be living with the hounds...
Go big... or go home.
tbirdman74

Postby jerdebson » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello friends, the system problems a while back did slow me down a little but not much, and yes a big thank you to MB and the whole crew on getting the site back up and running you are appreciated. I have been busy with work and building a 6.8x43 AR pistol and now completing a 6mmAR varmint/target AR. Other interests take their toll but it is summer and we are all too busy. I am ok on most reloading supplies but who would believe how hard it is to get H4895 with or without the Vaseline these days.
Jerry

NRA Benefactor Member, Whittington Center Life Member, USPSA Life Member, SASS Life Member, LJRC Life Member

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerdebson

Postby southernshiver » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:34 pm

I know that when I first joined the camp fire here I was constantly asking questions for either reloading in general or questions towards the build of my 450BM. With all the help and responses that I received including links I had pretty much everything that I needed to get reloading started and even ran a few rounds through the 9mm before I reloaded and tested a few loads for the 450BM and 460V. When I was finally able to get to the range to zero my optic in I was only able to put out about 6 rounds (got me pretty much zeroed) before we had a sand storm hit. I'm in the middle of the desert out here at the National Training Center in Fort Irwin, CA. Ever since then I haven't even had time to get any rounds reloaded for any caliber. I do have a few pounds of Lil' Gun and H110 and bullets for the big guns just not the time since we got notified of heading to help another training center in Louisiana early in August just been getting gear and my guys prepared to leave for a few weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get some done when we get back and order some more components to get to my ammo stock quota.
- SouthernShiver
CS

"Don't die for your country. Let the sorry SOB on the other side die for his."
"Gain and maintain fire superiority!"
southernshiver

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:54 pm

Be careful down in Louisiana. You may just fall in love with the old girl. She is my mistress!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby southernshiver » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:30 pm

:lol: I don't think that Ft.Polk is much of the mistress type. More along the lines of the fat girl that you don't want any of your friends to see you messing around with
- SouthernShiver
CS

southernshiver

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:17 am

Well. Ft. Polk may be the fat sister, but take some time and date her sisters like Toledo Bend Lake, Lake Bisteneau, Cypress Black Bayou, Baudcau Refuge, Cross Lake, Caney Lake, Webster Parish, Bossier Parish, Red River Parish, Claiborne Parish, and the parishes down on the coast. WILD beautiful women!
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby southernshiver » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:05 am

That part I wouldn't mind going around getting some fishing in but I don't think that I'm going to have much time to get any site seeing in while I'm there this time though. Mostly just Army business. I lived in East Texas from when I was 14-20 when I joined the Army and was stationed just down in Ft. Hood for my first 6 years in.
- SouthernShiver
CS

southernshiver

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:28 am

LOL. I went to East Texas Baptist College (Marshall), in 1982. Got bored after one semester and ended up in Forestry school in Claiborne Parish VoTech, studying in US Forests in the Caney District. Grew up in Bossier Parish and lived there 18 years. (1968-1986). When I retire, I'm going to buy a lake house on Bisteneau or head on down to the Texas Hill Country.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby southernshiver » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:45 pm

I lived near Cedar Creak Lake. I think that after I'm done with the Army or rather the Army is done with me I'm going to move up to Montana. Great fishing & hunting, and pretty good gun laws as well as political offices that support and fight for gun owners and rights.
- SouthernShiver
CS

southernshiver

Postby helidude350 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:58 pm

I like fat girls :D
helidude350

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic