created a new handgun round... needing some input

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

created a new handgun round... needing some input

Postby tridentarmory » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:29 pm

hay yall...

james here, busy as heck still at Trident, and no signs of it letting up. At least we have a new machinist who is putting a big dent in a lot of our custom barrel orders.
Anyways...
Recently one of the guys here wanted to do a 460 rowland conversion on a 45 acp.... but with all we do with the 450, and my interest in some late night pizza, i reamed a chamber for him with a version of a short 450 BM, and we are now cutting brass to fit....we have done a little paperwork to make it all legal and the name is the 45XAP.
dies are made, and we're having a heck of a time with it... Its going to be sold as a drop in kit (barrel, comp, spring/guide rod) for a few different 45 autos.
we are currently pushing 300g xtp/mags(my favorite projectile) at a modest 1380fps. but pretty decent for my ol 1911 :D

here doing a little market research; i want to come up with a nice muzzle device for the kit. What we have now is UGLLLYYY.... it has to be effective for both cost and delaying the blow back, i really want it to look decent as well... can you suggest any handgun brakes you like the look of?
tridentarmory

Re: created a new handgun round... needing some input

Postby kottke_35 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Pics?

B.
Warriors don't shoot bull's-eyes.

” Blessed are those, who in the face of death, focus on the front sight.”
-Col.. Jeff Cooper
kottke_35

Postby MarkCO » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 am

James. I played quite a bit with hot-rodded cartridges in .40 and .45 caliber. IMHO, the best method is to make the barrel 1" longer and Magnaport it. That is how I did my .40 Super.
MarkCO

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 pm

MarkCO wrote:James. I played quite a bit with hot-rodded cartridges in .40 and .45 caliber. IMHO, the best method is to make the barrel 1" longer and Magnaport it. That is how I did my .40 Super.

+1
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:24 am

James!!!!!! Dude!!!! I thought the Gestapo had carried you off to GitMo!! WTH?
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby tridentarmory » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:50 am

Sorry dog, I've spent nearly a year behind piles of paper and a bench.... this has been the best/worst year ever... I miss you man, and i can't wait to rejoin the ranks late winter when we get caught up...
tridentarmory

Postby tridentarmory » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:52 am

The paper trail on this project has led us to a standstill, it appears that there are too many footprints of others in the area for us to continue at this time...
tridentarmory

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:00 pm

James! You just disappeared man. I thought at first the gov pricks were up in your business. I had no idea what happened to you, and we were all wondering. We thought something bad happened. I finally decided that somehow, some way, I had offended you so you bugged out. Been dealing with that uneasy feeling ever since. Good to know now, that this wasn't the case. Anyway, if I did say say something to offend you, sorry. It was never my intention. I've got a very jaded sense of humor and I rarely mince words, but I try really hard not to offend my brothers in arms. Yeah, piss off liberals on an hourly basis on Face Book but that's just for my own amusement. However, I never meant any offense to you or any of our guys here. I just try to be myself minus the sarcasm. Anyway, I'm glad you responded to this. I feel a little better now.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:24 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:James! You just disappeared man. I thought at first the gov pricks were up in your business. I had no idea what happened to you, and we were all wondering. We thought something bad happened. I finally decided that somehow, some way, I had offended you so you bugged out. Been dealing with that uneasy feeling ever since. Good to know now, that this wasn't the case. Anyway, if I did say say something to offend you, sorry. It was never my intention. I've got a very jaded sense of humor and I rarely mince words, but I try really hard not to offend my brothers in arms. Yeah, piss off liberals on an hourly basis on Face Book but that's just for my own amusement. However, I never meant any offense to you or any of our guys here. I just try to be myself minus the sarcasm. Anyway, I'm glad you responded to this. I feel a little better now.

You Are Sorry!! You ain't never come to me with Hat-in-Hand and a plate of S'mores!!

Now, I feel slighted, sniffle-sniffle..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:57 am

We all know why you disappear, T! And usually about four hotdogs, a liter of soda and a plate of S'mores disappears with you! We find the empty bottles in the woods. LOL.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Off Topic