Bigfoot encounters

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Bigfoot encounters

Postby kobraken » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Now before anybody gets carried away ,this was a fantastic practical joke!!!!

My buddy, to hear him tell it, is the ultimate in high tech hunter. He has his special scent blocking boots,clothes, and other items to hide his smell. His high dollar rifle,scope,and the best ammo money can buy. Deer line up to pass in review before his stand so they may be judged worthy to be shot by him.
To set this up I must confess that I was the instigator of his destruction, but alas I don't have the skills to implement the plan. This brings my wife into the mix. She's a professional photographer and Photoshop expert.
Day 1. I go down to help him get the deer plot ready,trim back shooting lanes,set up the automatic feeders and MOSTLY to find out exactly what kind of deer camera he has and how to approach it without being seen.

Week 1. I didn't get to creative at first just added a few extra deer and some larger racks to others.
Week 2 Added one new deer to the mix. Boone and Crockett score would be in the mid 200's you should have seen him sweat.
Week 3. More of the same. He's checking the camera multiple times a day now
Week 4. Now that he's hooked, late one afternoon she added a set of glowing eyes that were at the extreme range of the camera,but they were about 7 ' off the ground. He was really confused about that one
Week 5. More eyes, and finally at extreme range ,a very hazy,very large man shape. After this picture,he is going down to his stand armed like Pancho Villa, and only in daylight. Hehehe he now believes Bigfoot is on the prowl.
End of Week 6. I can no longer stand it, he's so paranoid he's driving us all crazy next picture is a zebra,a giraffe,a water buffalo,and finally a good Bigfoot picture waving to the camera.
Now I'm afraid to go into the woods cause he might shoot me and mount my head on his wall!!!! I haven't pulled one off that good in years!!! Ken
Here piggy,piggy,piggy, I got something for you.
kobraken

Re: Bigfoot encounters

Postby Nosparks » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:44 pm

Do you have copies of those "Big Foot" photos? I would love to see them!
Nosparks

Postby kobraken » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 pm

I'll see if I can get her to upload them in the next few days.
kobraken

Postby Colohunter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Now that is funny!
Colohunter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:31 am

ROTFL! I grew up in Bossier Parish and as a kid, me and my buddy went and saw the movie filmed in Fouke Arkansas about Bigfoot. We were probably ten or eleven years old then. After we got home we were freaking out talking about the possibility of BigFoot coming down from Arkansas into Bossier Parish. We had ourselves scared silly and at one point, the shrubs outside my window started moving in the wind and scraped the screen on my bedroom window and my buddy literally became airborne, threw a pillow that knocked down the curtains on my window. He fled into my closet and slammed the door. My dad came into the room and found me laughing so hard I couldn't speak and my buddy was in the closet freaking out. I'm sure that's when my dad decided to never take us to scarey movies again.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kobraken » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I have seen that movie as well and had the same thoughts. I am in bienville parish which is right next door, and we actually have a local " Bigfoot" legend about something that lives in the black lake bottoms just south of me .
kobraken

Postby rugersr556 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:48 pm

Now thats funny. I could only imagine the look on his face when he found out. HA HA!
"A paranoid is a guy who knows a little of what's going on. A psychotic is a guy who just found out what's going on."
William S. Burroughs
rugersr556

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 am

Have you ever been to the Baudcau Bottoms? Very creepy. It's like entering the land of Mordor in LOTR.... You go from a nice sunny day into the depths and shadows of a creek bottom with towering oaks with canopies that literally turn daylight into twilight and acorns the size of hand grenades. It's dark, shadowy and just really creepy. The are stories of killer hogs and moccasins as big as a softball bat and canebrakes the size of anacondas. I took a buddy of mine hunting down there back in 1984. It scared him so bad, he ran back and got in my truck and made me take him home. (He had an encounter with what at first he thought was a hog, but as I was backtracking his steps through the bottom, it turned out to be a panther). When it screamed the second time, all I saw was a dust trail left by my buddy who was running as fast as he could back to the truck. It's a funny story.
I went to Claiborne Parish VoTech back in 1982-1983 for forestry school in Homer, before they closed it down. I did a lot of volunteer work for the National Forest Service, helping with prescribed burns in the Caney District forests. Those were some beautiful hunting grounds as well.
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby kobraken » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

I am very familiar with the bodcau bottoms. Snakes in there that would make grown men cower in fear. I had a huge water moccasin crawl across my feet once that almost made me have an accident there are places in there that you KNOW something is watching you,possibly to eat you. I've walked up on gators,snakes of many different types, got chased into a tree by hogs while squirrel hunting, only to find a bobcat already in that particular tree. It was a very uncomfortable afternoon till the hogs left. BTW. I have also run coons through several of the kisatchie forests, that is soon very nice woodland areas.
kobraken

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:16 am

That's what we were doing there! Squirrel hunting! I never went to the Baudcau bottoms without my S&W 586. There are hogs in that bottom that have never even seen man. I loved squirrel hunting there cuz the squirrels were huge. And when you shot one out of a tree you could count to Five Mississippi before they actually hit the ground. It's an AMAZING yet TERRIFYING place to learn bravery. Try coon hunting at night in there! You'll only do it once before realizing it's one of the most crazy and frightening hunting trips you'll ever attempt. People who have never experienced Louisiana need to realize that should the SHTF, and we Cajun boys get you chasing us around in a Louisiana swamp bottom, you are going to find out real fast that there might be something more dangerous than a Cajun with a rifle. The Cajuns' "pets" will be hunting you. Can't wait to be pursued by some UN soldier into Baudcau Bottoms. IF that soldier makes it out alive, he is gonna have some serious PTSD.
Oh yeah, my favorite lake is Bisteneau. That's my bass heaven lake.
image.jpg
Bistineau 2010
image.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 14050 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Next

Return to Off Topic