Not a peep?

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Not a peep?

Postby bushmeister » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 pm

I don't get to get on here as often as I used to since this site has been blocked at my work for "weapons", but when the kids finally get off the home computer (which isn't often), I try to catch up. So the best I can tell, noone had any comments on the Guns& Ammo article on how shorter barreled rifles are more accurate? I feel most of us know the difference in the 450 is more of an FPS issue than an MOA issue, but I'm surprised noone cried "Phooey" or anything...
bushmeister

Re: Not a peep?

Postby Nosparks » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 pm

I must have missed that article! Since we are running the dogs now, I'm missing out on my reading time in the tree stand!
Nosparks

Postby helidude350 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:36 pm

I don't seem to get time to read my gun rags when I buy them.
$$$ is better spent on hardware .
I could have a couple nice rifle for what I've spent on unread or browsed magazines. :(
helidude350

Postby MarkCO » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:28 pm

bushmeister wrote:I don't get to get on here as often as I used to since this site has been blocked at my work for "weapons", but when the kids finally get off the home computer (which isn't often), I try to catch up. So the best I can tell, noone had any comments on the Guns& Ammo article on how shorter barreled rifles are more accurate? I feel most of us know the difference in the 450 is more of an FPS issue than an MOA issue, but I'm surprised noone cried "Phooey" or anything...

Why are you surprised?
MarkCO

Postby bushmeister » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:00 pm

MarkCO wrote:Why are you surprised?

I'm not surprised at the results at all. I'm more surprised that there wasn't any conversation about it. I've known my 16" is as accurate as anyones 20". I just expected to hear a little rumble from the long barrel is more accurate crowd. I was sold on it since I was a kid and had the remington "targetmaster" with the extra long accurate barrel.
bushmeister

Postby MarkCO » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:11 pm

The .450 crowd seems to be pretty knowledgeable. I just doubt there was anything new at all in that article, as you have mentioned.
MarkCO

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Of course it could also be that a lot of subscribers are still pissed about that writer posting anti gun dribble and so right now, their readership may be way down.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Return to Off Topic