I need some guidance and information.

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

I need some guidance and information.

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 am

What's with the lime green camo for zombie hunting?
What's with the whole zombie fad?
Just for the record, this is NOT my rifle.
This is a picture that I pulled off FB.
This is just one of many rifles that has recently
spawned my curiousity.
image.jpg
From anonymous FB user
image.jpg (60.82 KiB) Viewed 15337 times

I'm just not sure.... So what does the chartreuse green do? Is that like some sort of Kryptonite to ward off a zombie? I'm amazingly ignorant to the zombie thing. I know it's my responsibility to know these things and since the old saying goes "the only stupid question is the one that I never ask". So I'm asking. What's with this zombie fad? Now, granted... I do understand protecting ourselves from the "Obama Zombies", I just don't get the connection with the chartreuse and lime green color patterns. I mean, isn't it a tactical disadvantage? Isn't it better, NOT to be seen? (Unless you're in a Monty Pythons' Flying Circus Skit). Or is there some super secret advantage about these colors that I'm totally overlooking? It brings to mind something that I learned from my years bass fishing. That lesson is as follows.
"Most fishing lures today are designed to catch fisherman. But, it takes common sense and knowledge of how a fish really views a lure, to pick and choose a lure that will seriously fool a fish. So don't be fooled by bright and shiney lures. Just because it catches your human eye, it doesn't mean that the fish is going to agree with you. Fish don't think, they don't reason. Focus on lures and baits that catch fish, not drain your pocket book of your money and waste precious space in your tackle box. It all comes down to this. Some tackle MFGs care more about making money than they do filling your live well".

Apparently, there are some marketing folks in the firearms industry today that have pulled out this old sales trick from the fishing tackle industry and creatively and successfully, I might add, applied it to the firearms industry. Sorry to rain on this lovely parade. I will be passing out lime green zombie repellant umbrellas at the refreshment stand.
Here's another one.
image.jpg
Another greenie
image.jpg (120.71 KiB) Viewed 15335 times

Opinions are like arm pits. Everyone has at least a couple and they usually stink. You lime green gun zombie hunters have every right to color it however you want. But keep some black or camo furniture on standby just in case the SHTF. Just good advice. Now have fun. Thanks for keeping those zombie populations down. You're doing such a good job, that except on COD, I've yet to see one face to face. And since I've been on this planet almost 52 years, that must mean that you're doing a bang up job.
Keep it up.
image.jpg
TIC
image.jpg (1.26 KiB) Viewed 15328 times
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: I need some guidance and information.

Postby Hoot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:26 am

One of my favorite expressions: Those that can't shoot, accessorize.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 am

I'm not being critical of the Gunowner. I'm being critical of an industry marketing gimmick. Just trying to point out that in the future you may indeed need that rifle to save your life, defend your property or worse. It's an M4. M4s are like transformers. You can make it into whatever you want, if you have the money to spend. But if you're gonna rig it to make a personal statement, at least invest in a change of furniture in case you need to take a more descreet approach to accomplish more serious missions than imaginary boogie monsters.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby dec » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:57 pm

I think they are God aweful ugly. :shock:

IMO ... Black guns are meant to be black. :D
Derek Craig
dec

Postby LegendInMyOwnMind » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Reminds me of a lot of the youth today. They want attention and want to be different (i.e. weird looking....)
LegendInMyOwnMind

Postby PRKL8R » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:31 pm

To each his own. Voicing neither approval or disapproval.
"a citizenry armed with riles cannot be tyrannized." Jeff Cooper
PRKL8R

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:06 pm

I love the modern "Zombie" movies. Ever since George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead", zombies became so much more interesting to me than the old style witch doctor zombies. The difference being that becoming an undead sugar cane harvest slave would be bad, but facing undead, flesh eating, infectious hoards would be horrifying. While I personally think the "Zombie" gun products actually look cool, I also fully realize the movies are just movies and very improbable. I also love Star Wars, and made my own light sabers out of Cool Neon, plumbing parts, and Polycarbonate tube. Yes, one blue, and one red, but what are the chances of Star Wars becoming reality in my lifetime? Virtually none.

I do not think it is moral to produce a product that makes a real promise if the manufacturer knows it doesn't work, but nobody promises a lure will catch a fish. What it does do is get people fishing. They get outdoors, into nature, and around other fishermen. This is where "bad" lures shine, because a guy that doesn't catch fish will ask other fishermen what they are using and how they are using it. That will get them onto the right track and they will begin to think for themselves.

I see the "Zombie" gun products as a combination of these two ideas. The "Cool" factor brings people into the 2nd Amendment fold, and range time brings them around other shooting enthusiasts where they can see what they do and ask them questions. I see it as my patriotic duty to treat them kindly, and help them with what I know.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:What's with the lime green camo for zombie hunting?
What's with the whole zombie fad?
Just for the record, this is NOT my rifle.
This is a picture that I pulled off FB.
This is just one of many rifles that has recently
spawned my curiousity.
image.jpg

I'm just not sure.... So what does the chartreuse green do? Is that like some sort of Kryptonite to ward off a zombie? I'm amazingly ignorant to the zombie thing. I know it's my responsibility to know these things and since the old saying goes "the only stupid question is the one that I never ask". So I'm asking. What's with this zombie fad? Now, granted... I do understand protecting ourselves from the "Obama Zombies", I just don't get the connection with the chartreuse and lime green color patterns. I mean, isn't it a tactical disadvantage? Isn't it better, NOT to be seen? (Unless you're in a Monty Pythons' Flying Circus Skit). Or is there some super secret advantage about these colors that I'm totally overlooking? It brings to mind something that I learned from my years bass fishing. That lesson is as follows.
"Most fishing lures today are designed to catch fisherman. But, it takes common sense and knowledge of how a fish really views a lure, to pick and choose a lure that will seriously fool a fish. So don't be fooled by bright and shiney lures. Just because it catches your human eye, it doesn't mean that the fish is going to agree with you. Fish don't think, they don't reason. Focus on lures and baits that catch fish, not drain your pocket book of your money and waste precious space in your tackle box. It all comes down to this. Some tackle MFGs care more about making money than they do filling your live well".

Apparently, there are some marketing folks in the firearms industry today that have pulled out this old sales trick from the fishing tackle industry and creatively and successfully, I might add, applied it to the firearms industry. Sorry to rain on this lovely parade. I will be passing out lime green zombie repellant umbrellas at the refreshment stand.
Here's another one.
image.jpg

Opinions are like arm pits. Everyone has at least a couple and they usually stink. You lime green gun zombie hunters have every right to color it however you want. But keep some black or camo furniture on standby just in case the SHTF. Just good advice. Now have fun. Thanks for keeping those zombie populations down. You're doing such a good job, that except on COD, I've yet to see one face to face. And since I've been on this planet almost 52 years, that must mean that you're doing a bang up job.
Keep it up.
image.jpg

Sorry about the late post, I've been out-of-town and now snowed in..

Yeah the whole Zombie Thing, I don't get it? Has it creeped into the gun community, which historically has been the keeper of Rightness and Goodness, Hot-Dogs, Apple pie, and Chevrolet!! And, to me, it seems unsavory and perverse in nature, like "lets-take-down-the-Morals-a-knoch-or-two" type of thing.

What comes to mind is who do we wish to serve, the Marketing Gods or..

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD Joshua 24:15

In retrospect; Make'em any color you like, I love'em all. But I am personally shying away from Gratuitous Violence..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:21 pm

WC...I don't have my glasses on...did you say "Gracious Violet"? That could start a new trend! ;)
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Colohunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't express my opinion on "zombies" very often, but I guess I will here. I think that the obsession with killing zombies is a way for people to mentally justify shooting and killing other people. In a way it is a socially acceptable way of identifying a group of people as "disposable."
Colohunter

Next

Return to Off Topic