Civil Insurrection in Connecticut??

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Civil Insurrection in Connecticut??

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 am

What's happening in Connecticut, bring me up to speed??

I have been incognito as of lately and just was made aware of something Big happening in Connecticut??

Seems the State has forced gun owners to register their so called assault weapons and magazines. The Big kicker seems to be that the new law is being, Wholesale Ignored (85% won't do it)? And something about threatened house-to-house search and seizures of weapons (all) and arrests (of the gun owners estimated to be as high as 350,000, I think that's very low, in view of all the panic buying)??

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02 ... -firearms/ ..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: Civil Insurrection in Connecticut??

Postby Jim in Houston » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:57 am

All I know is what I read in the newspapers - and online. You have the basic facts, except that there have been some comments, that could be interpreted as inflammatory, from a CT group called the 3% postulating that an attempt at wholesale gun seizures could provoke a violent response. CT lawmakers are in a quandary - they passed a law that no one seems inclined to obey. The big question is whether or not the local police or sheriffs will enforce the law and how in the light of overwhelming opposition by those to whom it applies. In California, where they recently instituted some strict gun control laws, several sheriffs have flat out said they would not enforce the law in their counties.

BTW, the deadline for registering banned firearms has passed. Anyone who tries to register one now, could be charged with a felony, as their is no provision in the law for late registration. CT does not have an existing registration system, so they can't go out and collect guns from the registered owners, or even send them threatening letters, both of which are happening in NYC, and maybe throughout the State. CT has said they will use background check records to find gun owners, but of course, that is illegal, as those records should have been destroyed shortly after a gun purchase was approved and may not be used for this purpose, anyway.

Fortunately, there is a model to follow from the Whitehouse. If you don't like a law, you don't have to follow it. Refer to a recent executive order on immigration and a few "corrections" on the ObamaCare legislation.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby BillytheKid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:All I know is what I read in the newspapers...

"The world is 70% worse than what you read about in the newspapers" ~ Kelly Johnson, Lockheed Skunkworks
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:21 pm

I think this might mark the start of what I've been calling the "Cold Civil War" for a while now...we won the old Cold War by standing up to the Soviet empire and not backing down until they collapsed. Looks like that's the way this is going to play out with our current generation of home-grown Statists too. Molon Labe!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby bigboreshooter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:33 pm

commander faschisto wrote:I think this might mark the start of what I've been calling the "Cold Civil War" for a while now...we won the old Cold War by standing up to the Soviet empire and not backing down until they collapsed. Looks like that's the way this is going to play out with our current generation of home-grown Statists too. Molon Labe!

+1
Three is two, two is one and one is none.
bigboreshooter

Postby 3rdgeargrndrr » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:14 am

CA: Exorcising my rights
3rdgeargrndrr

Return to Off Topic