Politics and Ballistics

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Politics and Ballistics

Postby MudBug » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 pm

dale wrote:I'm surprised that someone in there didn't have a concealed weapon.

As a full blown 2A activist and proponent of the new concealed carry law I have to admit that I cringed a little bit when first reports said a CCW guy was involved. (He was, but his gun was never drawn). I was afraid that some of the carnage was caused by an untrained pistol toter.

I believe everyone should have the right to carry, but that right carries with it the responsibility to get REAL training. Not a legal requirement to do so, but the moral obligation.

I tried for years at one of our local gun forums to get people to train and I was treated like a worm. Too many people think that gunfighting is in their genes, or they say "My father taught me to shoot when I was a kid" or "I've been shooting for years, I don't need any training".

In many cases when it a 1 on 1 attack on a dark street that might work out OK, but not in a crowd of people. Heck, I've had more training than most cops and I would be hesitant to fire a gun in that situation.

Now just on the general topic of the shooting.

What an awful thing it was, a very bad act by a seriously deranged individual. I feel awful for all the victims.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Re: Politics and Ballistics

Postby BillytheKid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Just wondering (notice I didn't say "thinking" LOL) would that .450b revolver you're working on still have the over penetration problem?

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Previous

Return to Off Topic