How I Spent My Friday Evening

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

How I Spent My Friday Evening

Postby BillytheKid » Sat May 17, 2014 12:24 pm

...I heard a vehicle swiftly accelerating, a squeal of tires, and a crash...I run from my computer to the front door as I hear the roar of the vehicle rapidly pull away up the street...I reach the screen door, and see the front driver side of my car is wrecked, and take off running around the curve and up the street after them...I live on a cul de sac...I have the poor bastard surrounded...the sound floats down from the top of the hill...he's motoring around the circle...then I see him coming down toward me...I slow to a walk in the middle of the street, straight at him...he stops his red GMC pick up truck just inches from me...I demand his drivers license...he steps on the gas and bumps my belly with his truck...interwoven with a string of cuss words. that is turning the surrounding leaves brown, I demand he visibly produce his driver license...he continues to romp on the gas and push me down the street...my piercing steel blue eyes drill through his soul, my "death" stare is powerful enough to scare Death himself...the multiplicity and volume of my truck driver mouth brings neighbors to open their doors...he pulls out his license and holds it up...I point to the curb and make him pull over, then reach through the window and snatch his license from his hand...all while still wearing my milkman uniform...
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Re: How I Spent My Friday Evening

Postby Nosparks » Tue May 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Then what!!?
Nosparks

Postby gramps » Tue May 20, 2014 6:21 pm

This sounds like a way to become the winner of some sort of a Darwin award for actions after to many bottles of hard cider--or whatever.
gramps

Postby BillytheKid » Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Nosparks wrote:Then what!!?

My brother had 911 on the cell, and, as he came up the street, he handed me the phone saying 'they just want to have you two exchange information". Once I explained it was hit and run, AND attempted to run me over to escape, they sent two squad cars.

The guy admitted to everything, and begged forgiveness. The police said it was my choice, but said he has no warrants, no priors, he was just young and afraid. His fiance showed up and was giving him the hate stare. So I didn't press charges, but the police did fill out a report. I figure the fiance hate stare will be way longer lasting than even jail. She'll hold this against him for a long long time.

In my way of thinking, "Forgiveness" would mean to totally let him off the hook, and just fix my own car myself...he's been reported to insurance, and there is a police report of the incident...I considered the totality of the circumstances, and simply chose not to press criminal charges...his debt to take care of my vehicle is not forgiven...
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Wed May 21, 2014 8:11 am

BillytheKid wrote:
Nosparks wrote:Then what!!?

My brother had 911 on the cell, and, as he came up the street, he handed me the phone saying 'they just want to have you two exchange information". Once I explained it was hit and run, AND attempted to run me over to escape, they sent two squad cars.

The guy admitted to everything, and begged forgiveness. The police said it was my choice, but said he has no warrants, no priors, he was just young and afraid. His fiance showed up and was giving him the hate stare. So I didn't press charges, but the police did fill out a report. I figure the fiance hate stare will be way longer lasting than even jail. She'll hold this against him for a long long time.

In my way of thinking, "Forgiveness" would mean to totally let him off the hook, and just fix my own car myself...he's been reported to insurance, and there is a police report of the incident...I considered the totality of the circumstances, and simply chose not to press criminal charges...his debt to take care of my vehicle is not forgiven...

Way-To-Go-Bill !! That's a Great and Wise Decision!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Nosparks » Sun May 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Good for you!
Nosparks

Postby BillytheKid » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:27 am

I spent yesterday meeting a private seller from Craigslist. I bought a 2010 Honda Insight EX, with 74700 on the odometer, fully loaded with every option, including the rubber mat for the hatch back floor.

The guy offered $200.00 less because it wasn't detailed. When I picked up the cashier's check, I made it out for the full amount. He was very surprised, and I told him "Your car is everything you said it was in your ad. I believe in rewarding Truth. The only thing I ask is, pay it forward. Someday, you will find someone who really needs help, help them".

...and...to make up for the hybrid reputation of "saving the planet"...I'm going to pour used motor oil out of the window as I drive to work...

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby Nosparks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 pm

...and...to make up for the hybrid reputation of "saving the planet"...I'm going to pour used motor oil out of the window as I drive to work...

That is funny!
Nosparks

Postby Nosparks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 pm

That is funny!
Nosparks

Return to Off Topic