New to the .450

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

New to the .450

Postby Benster1031 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:59 pm

I was shopping for an AR in 450 or 458. I had decided to go with the "Thumper" mostly based on Ammo cost. Next I wanted to research the difference between 16" and 20" uppers. I found a thread on the facebook page which covered my questions exactly. I chose the 16" Bushmaster upper, however I received a 20". Thought about using the lower from my 5.56, but decided to not go that route. Ordered a RRA lower. Can't wait to get it all and put it together and "Thump" some Whitetail this season. Since I am new the 450 any additional info I can locate would be great. I came across the facebook page, while searching for info on Bing. Thanks,
Benster1031

Re: New to the .450

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 am

Welcome to our Electronic Campfire, Ben! Pull up a stump!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:50 am

Dittos on the welcome!....you came to the right place. Search through the various topics/posts here and you'll find just about everything you could possibly want to know about the 450b. I think you'll be amazed at what this caliber can do!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby RR44 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Welcome, boy did you pick one hell of a round to fall in love with, you are going to have a blast and never get enough of it. Have fun.
Rich
RR44

Postby Hoot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:16 am

Welcome aboard.

This tip is useful especially for newbies. The search engine here is lacking. Use Google to research topics utilizing the search term site:450bushmaster.com search term. Many searches using the embedded search engine here return the "too common a word" error.

For example, lets say you reload and want to read what crimp method others use with the most success. Searching here using the term crimp will get you the infamous "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: crimp.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Go to Google and enter site:450bushmaster.com crimp and you will get around 180 results to choose from. Also Google lets you specify date ranges in case you want to see the earliest work only.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:48 am

Also, Hoot and myself have stickied several of the more popular posts to the tops of of the main topic threads. But if you need help, don't hesitate to ask us.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am

The Best Tip is to Protect "MY" S"Mores from the likes of the guys that answered you. They are Campfire Robbers..

P.S... And it good you have found us and a Hearty Welcome to you. I think your 20" can be used for awhile and then it's a well established job to bob the Barrel, sometime in the future if you decide to do that..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Off Topic