Message from Wildcatter

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Message from Wildcatter

Postby wildcatter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:00 pm

http://huntinginsider.com/index.php/oth ... evice=xhtm

l don't know how this got past me, as it's copy wrote in 2013.

But Dick Metcalf is one of those premire type gun writters, as you all know..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:20 pm

BamBam wrote:Finally got to listen all the way through without interruption last night.

A .750 AR ehhhh ?

Where do I sign up :roll:

No, on the .750 AR.

But I'm am working on a .700 coming out of a M14/M1a Hybred. At 5000fps+-, semi- auto, 5+ rds..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:22 pm

BamBam wrote:Finally got to listen all the way through without interruption last night.

A .750 AR ehhhh ?

Where do I sign up :roll:

No, on the .750 AR.

But I'm am working on a .700 coming out of a M14/M1a Hybred. At 5000fps+-, semi- auto, 5+ rds..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby wildcatter » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Hey guys,

I need somebody with more time than I have with the computer.

I need more than the one source I have for 70cal barrels.

I also need, at least one source for a .750cal barrel??

Cut rifling or button, doesn't matter.

Thanks for the help..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

remington Hog Hammer

Postby go2boats » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Just got off the phone with Remington................

They are discontinuing the 450 Hog Hammer Ammo...........Not going to make it.................So buy their rifles... but don't provide ammo to the customer...?? ! ! !? !? !..

Maybe someone else might get a different story.....but she checked with the Ammo Guru....
go2boats

Re: remington Hog Hammer

Postby wildcatter » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:45 am

go2boats wrote:Just got off the phone with Remington................

They are discontinuing the 450 Hog Hammer Ammo...........Not going to make it.................So buy their rifles... but don't provide ammo to the customer...?? ! ! !? !? !..

Maybe someone else might get a different story.....but she checked with the Ammo Guru....

Senior Management tells me later this year..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:55 am

The last couple of days I've logged in, to get my morning fix and NADA. Now, the counter, has been showing 10-20+ guys cruising, but alas no postings.

Now, I know you have an Opinion and I'd like to read it. For the Dawg you're going to have to post pictures. I like'em too.

We are not out of the hunting so long that there aren't stories to be told.

For one two years ago I shot an actual double on Whitetails, then we went on to have a bad winter. You'd laugh at my blind. I sit on the front porch, behind the hedges in a rocker, over looking an apple tree at 50 yds. Yup, real Beverly Hillbillies style.

But by spring we were rewarded with a tremendous winter kill-off.

I am surrounded by hundreds of acres of Forrest and farm crops outside of that. The Apples tress are on my property. So, guess where the deer are when I want them?

But the tress were so stressed by the winter, that we spawned nary an apple, not one.

I see hundreds of sighting on whitetails each year. I fact when shooting on my 200yd range we often have to call a halt to let the deer pass in front of the target. But, this last season, I didn't see a deer past the second day.

Now, I hate it when I hear excuses, but I'm pretty sure I was looking at the results of weather??

..t

Ok, I've primed the pump. So, either coment about my hunting experience or tell us something of you own.

May I suggest that if your going to write something don't do as I just did and write it in the appropriate area, like hunting stories, we have that posting area. Comments on the 450b have an area, etc., and so on..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:14 am

The weather may have in deed caused the issue.
Here, this past winter, it was very quiet. By that, I mean too quiet. As in that this winter, I never heard one coyote howl. Not one. Not in the whole winter. Never even heard the pack cranking it up at the plant. And that's a pack almost as big as the one that runs my creek bed here at the farm. It was creepy. I'm wondering if there's a bug thinning them out as well as the bug that took out half my goat herd this winter. Yes. That's right. I lost half my herd to some sort of pneumonia. It was a fast moving killer. Once the goat showed signs, Within 24 hours, they were gone. I had 10. Lost one at birth and the other four succombed to this bug. I've lost my oldest female (Punkin), and I lost two female yearlings including "Little Girl" who was the one I hand fed last winter. Then I lost another one month old male. I'm not pleased.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:35 am

Is it me or what? A simple peruse of ammoseek.com, shows 37 sources for our ammo (450 Bushmaster), 2 for the 458socom, and 2 for the 50 Beowulf.

Those poor guys have invested all that money for their weapons, and even though they now have a machine (50 wulf) that can make 5000 rds/hr. They still only have 2 sources (on ammoseek.com) and at 2x-4x times the cost of our ammo! We can and do resize down .458" bullets, if we decide we need that caliber!

They keep bad mouthing our decision, but is it time to look at theirs.

The Big Complaint seems to be that at .4515" we are ONLY, Shooting MERE Pistol Bullets. Never mind that we have a bullet for any mission available to us! Never mind the the 458 bullets are primarily used in real rifles, at Magnum velocities and thus at magnum pistol velocities (458socom), they don't expand well, if at all.

Is it time we start to challenge these armchair commandos??

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 pm

It's their choice. But if someone wants to bring a 50 BEOWULF and a 458 SOCOM to a 250 yard range and stack them up against a 450 Bushmaster, let me know the time and place, preferably here in North Texas ,and I'll bring my Go Pro cameras and shoot the event to post on my channel. I have access to a long range down the road from me and I'm sure he would like the publicity.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic