Hog Hammer Ammo

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

Hog Hammer Ammo

Postby go2boats » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Been out of the loop for sometime......not coming up with much using the search option so thought I would ask...."What ever happened to the "Hog Hammer"ammo......? Still in the works as promised or on the back burner....?

Thanks..........
go2boats

Re: Hog Hammer Ammo

Postby commander faschisto » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 pm

Just Remmy being Remmy, as usual...THE original "hog hammer" was the 450 Bushmaster, however, the brain trust at Remington has decided that they should produce and distribute every OTHER caliber in their Hog Hammer lineup, EXCEPT for the 450B...I've seen them all online and in retail locations, except for our caliber. As always, we can be thankful that Remmy has decided to save us 450B guys the expense and trouble of buying their ammunition. To top it all off, Hornady has announced their own hog hammer line for 2015, and....wait for it...they, too, did not include the 450B in their new line of ammo. I feel SO :evil: loved....
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Hog Hammer Ammo

Postby wildcatter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:05 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Just Remmy being Remmy, as usual...THE original "hog hammer" was the 450 Bushmaster, however, the brain trust at Remington has decided that they should produce and distribute every OTHER caliber in their Hog Hammer lineup, EXCEPT for the 450B...I've seen them all online and in retail locations, except for our caliber. As always, we can be thankful that Remmy has decided to save us 450B guys the expense and trouble of buying their ammunition. To top it all off, Hornady has announced their own hog hammer line for 2015, and....wait for it...they, too, did not include the 450B in their new line of ammo. I feel SO :evil: loved....

Hornady called me for ideas, boy did I give them an ear full. I'm actually surprised that they haven't already introduced a 450b Hogger, but they will. My advice is for you guys to call Remy and Hornady and squawk at them to get it done, the more squawking the sooner we'll see it.

So lets see, Remmy, Hornady and Winchester, soon Federal and many others will have Hog Ammo Lines and at the top of the heap, for getting the Job done, Bang-Flop style, without getting Trampled or worse, will be the 450b!! MY Thought is, looking at the start-up offerings is that I wouldn't want any of those cartridges when the chips down and a large pig charging at say 50yds or less, with murder on it's mind, when it wants to play Patty-Cake!!

Oh Sure, even a 22lr will kill them but Piggies have been known to kill men too, take enough gun!!

..t

223 Rem
243 Win
6.8 SPC
270 Win
7mm Rem Mag
308 Win
30-06 Sprg
300 Win Mag
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to Off Topic