450 Bushmaster Ammo on Sale

Everything Else.

Moderator: MudBug

450 Bushmaster Ammo on Sale

Postby IceAxe » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:31 pm

I stopped by Big R today and they had Hornady 450 Bushmaster ammo on sale for 19 bucks and change for a 20 round box and plenty on the shelf. They even honored the military discount since it was Monday. Now if my barrel would ever get here. At least I will have lots of ammo on hand.
NRA Life
IceAxe

Re: 450 Bushmaster Ammo on Sale

Postby Al in Mi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 am

smoking sale I'd say!!!
Al in Mi

Postby BamBam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 am

IceAxe wrote:I stopped by Big R today and they had Hornady 450 Bushmaster ammo on sale for 19 bucks and change for a 20 round box and plenty on the shelf. They even honored the military discount since it was Monday. Now if my barrel would ever get here. At least I will have lots of ammo on hand.

Who / where is "Big R" ?
Ted Nugent For President 2016

BamBam

Postby IceAxe » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:18 pm

It's a chain store of western wear and farm supplies. I think it's mostly throught Colorado and Wyoming.
NRA Life
IceAxe

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:59 pm

IceAxe wrote:I stopped by Big R today and they had Hornady 450 Bushmaster ammo on sale for 19 bucks and change for a 20 round box and plenty on the shelf. They even honored the military discount since it was Monday. Now if my barrel would ever get here. At least I will have lots of ammo on hand.

Read'em and weep Socom/Beowulf guys! And the Hits just keep coming!!

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby IceAxe » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:41 pm

I have a friend who also ordered a few barrels (4) from BlackHole (6.5,6.8,458,450b) who is enamored with the Socom. I think he ordered the 450b barrel only to shut me up as I keep sending him data comparing the two (engineers love data). He thinks once SAAMi picks up the Socom spec they will become much more popular. I sent him a copy of my receipt showing the < a buck a round figures and said I guess once the SAAMI spec comes out we will see 458 Socom for under a buck!
NRA Life
IceAxe

Postby wildcatter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:43 pm

IceAxe wrote:I have a friend who also ordered a few barrels (4) from BlackHole (6.5,6.8,458,450b) who is enamored with the Socom. I think he ordered the 450b barrel only to shut me up as I keep sending him data comparing the two (engineers love data). He thinks once SAAMi picks up the Socom spec they will become much more popular. I sent him a copy of my receipt showing the < a buck a round figures and said I guess once the SAAMI spec comes out we will see 458 Socom for under a buck!

But to my knowledge and it's only from "My Knowledge". Nobody who can submit specs to Saami, wants to.

There are plenty of guys who want a Saami Spec SOCOM, but there are few who can do it and right now interests, from those guys, doesn't exists! That is to say, from my "Knowledge"..

..t

PS..You can find all the Ammo you want, when you want-it, if you're willing to pay $80-$100 bucks+-/20 for it and SBR always has some in stock at these prices, I have no wonder why!..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby IceAxe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:05 pm

Agreed, I must admit I was just "poking the bear" with regard to the SAAMi spec creating an instant market. Some people actually believe that it would, my friend being one. The apology I used in our debate was the 6mm x 45, it has a SAAMI spec but you won't find any factory ammo for it. Too many other factors come to bear in any cartridges popularity. When I was asked by him to consider a big bore cartridge I initially thought the 458 just due to bullet construction but after a closer examination I felt an overwhelming advantage for the 450 bushmaster; higher pressure case, thicker chamber wall, lower price index per projectile, favorable Midwestern hunting regulations...etc.

Ps. I picked up another 10 boxes today.
NRA Life
IceAxe

Return to Off Topic